LaunchBox Community Forums

New version of PASC is in the works

y2guru

8 hours ago, y2guru said:

slow progress but good progress.

Slow!!!, I think what I've seen so far doesn't count as slow :) It's going to be an amazing and simple way for anyone that can use a graphics program to design there theme but don't want to have to learn the coding behind it. Can't wait for the release and to see what the community will come up with.

4 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Slow!!!, I think what I've seen so far doesn't count as slow :) It's going to be an amazing and simple way for anyone that can use a graphics program to design there theme but don't want to have to learn the coding behind it. Can't wait for the release and to see what the community will come up with.

You're too kind Rince!

23 hours ago, Rincewind said:

It's not a graphical theme editor, its a GUI to edit his theme's preferences, like I did with the GPDWin theme. Makes it easier for the less tech savy than editing the xaml files. The picture on the left monitor is just Photoshop opened with his current project opened.

Anyhow, can't wait to see this @y2guru, the PASC theme is top notch!

Edited by Grila

Yes its not a graphical theme editor for LaunchBox, what I meant is that now users can take his PASC v3 theme and customize all the graphical elements and create new video overlays and position the placement and size of the video all without touching an xaml file. Which would mean that the community can create there own versions of that theme...

2 hours ago, Grila said:

It's not a graphical theme editor, its a GUI to edit his theme's preferences, like I did with the GPDWin theme. Makes it easier for the less tech savy than editing the xaml files. The picture on the left monitor is just Photoshop opened with his current project opened.

Anyhow, can't wait to see this @y2guru, the PASC theme is top notch!

first of all... thank you Grila! that means a lot coming from you and secondly.. you are absolutely correct, the premise is the same as your GPDWin editor, just a lot more variables.

capture.png

• Like 1

I didn't mean to belittle what you're doing because it's awesome, I just didn't want people to think there was a drag and drop theme creator. That was a much requested thing in the earlier days of LaunchBox. Sorry if what I said was taken out of context, I would never put down someone else's work. 

Keep up the good work, sir. 

18 minutes ago, Grila said:

I didn't mean to belittle what you're doing because it's awesome, I just didn't want people to think there was a drag and drop theme creator. That was a much requested thing in the earlier days of LaunchBox. Sorry if what I said was taken out of context, I would never put down someone else's work. 

Keep up the good work, sir. 

i didn't take that comment as being negative, it's all good Grila!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...