LaunchBox Community Forums

computer lost power, now I get this error message

coppermouse

16 minutes ago, coppermouse said:

it appears that your launchbox\data\arcade.xml file is corrupt. Launchbox cannot contimue. Please try restoring a backup of the file from the backups folder inside your launchbox root flolder 

Root element is missing..

Please tell me how to fix this?

20180715_214253.jpg

Go to your Launchbox/Backups folder and find the Arcade.xml with the newest date on it, copy that out of the folder and rename it to just Arcade.xml by deleting the date on the end of the name, then just put it in Launchbox/Data folder and oversight the one there when asked. Of course do all this without opening Launchbox.

26 minutes ago, coppermouse said:

Ok I will do that. I will have to figure that it, it has been several years. Thanks for the help. Do I need to delete arcade. Xml? 

Yeah or just copy it somewhere else if you want to keep it for some reason. then just do a new import and uncheck all the media options as you have it all all ready it will all re-attach after the import.