LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox for DVD or Blu ray movie collectors

wallabie

Currently, I have over 300 movies and tv sets in dvd and blu ray formats. I am wondering if it is possible to encode those movies and tv sets in mp4 format and then into them into Bigbox with a cool theme menu with dvd box arts, histories of the movies..etc options. Or there is no demand for it yet? unfortunately, If I am not mistaken that kodi doesn't support mp4 format. Thanks.

3 hours ago, wallabie said:

Currently, I have over 300 movies and tv sets in dvd and blu ray formats. I am wondering if it is possible to encode those movies and tv sets in mp4 format and then into them into Bigbox with a cool theme menu with dvd box arts, histories of the movies..etc options. Or there is no demand for it yet? unfortunately, If I am not mistaken that kodi doesn't support mp4 format. Thanks.

Launchbox can import anything you want, including video files, however this is a games frontend so there is no support at all for scraping movies/tv shows from our database. Also KODI absolutely supports .mp4, its probably the most popular format out there for video files so it would be silly if it was not supported in a video playing program. What you could do is setup kodi, then import kodi into launchbox, so you launch it from  bigbox, alternatively there is a kodi plugin that will launch Launchbox/Bigbox from within kodi.

• 3 weeks later...

I use it. It has worked great so far. Plus I used Plex to scrape before anyway, so if it had undesired results I just updated the info manually.

The one issue I have is remakes of the same name. Night of the Living Dead is a good example. All of the artwork gets jumbled in Launchbox, because the name is the same for both the 60s version and the 92 version. But if you change either name, it can't find the title to scrape.

Edited by djtripnosis
Autocorrect

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an old post, but the older versions of Launchbox is the best (non server) media front end out there. I have been using it for years as a media center, I have over 1000 movies.  You will need to manually put in the movie covers which does take a while, best to keep everything in the same file. so if you want to move it to a new PC you wont have to redo all the work you put into it.

Edited by orindae
  • Like 1