LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox with RocketLauncher

MarkDArmor

Hi, Im trying to find some kind of tutorial to set up a fresh install of rocketlauncher with a fresh install of launchbox. The only tutorials I can find are for setting up rocketlauncher and hyperspin from scratch and Id really like to avoid setting up hyperspin as I would like to use bigbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

there should be some tutorials out there where you can see how to set up rocket launcher without any front end, and a tutorial how you can connect a already set up rocket launcher with Launchbox.

more interesting would be why you want to go with rocketlauncher? maybe the pros are already in launchbox implemented.

35 minutes ago, MarkDArmor said:

Hi, Im trying to find some kind of tutorial to set up a fresh install of rocketlauncher with a fresh install of launchbox. The only tutorials I can find are for setting up rocketlauncher and hyperspin from scratch and Id really like to avoid setting up hyperspin as I would like to use bigbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There are lots of youtube tutorials out there on how to setup rocketlauncher, just follow one of them and then in rochetlauncher you tell it what frontend you are using, in this case launchbox, and it will read your launchbox data files and add all your platforms.

20 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

there should be some tutorials out there where you can see how to set up rocket launcher without any front end, and a tutorial how you can connect a already set up rocket launcher with Launchbox.

more interesting would be why you want to go with rocketlauncher? maybe the pros are already in launchbox implemented.

I have it set up on an arcade cabinet and I have an hdmi splitter with a cable running to a tv in another room, and I want to set up joytokey profiles for each system so I can seemlessly switch from my arcade controls to a xbox one controller and I know with rocketlauncher you can set up joytokey profiles for each system.

Edited by MarkDArmor

10 minutes ago, MarkDArmor said:

I have it set up on an arcade cabinet and I have an hdmi splitter with a cable running to a tv in another room, and I want to set up joytokey profiles for each system so I can seemlessly switch from my arcade controls to a xbox one controller and I know with rocketlauncher you can set up joytokey profiles for each system.

Pass, thats well above my pay grade.

It's just knowing what to do that's all.  My buddy is scared to change the oil in his car, just because he's never done it before.  Even on his BMW it's one of the simplest things to do yourself.  I keep telling him I'll show him, just bring it over.  Takes half an hour.  Same thing here.  It's really not hard to do the keymapping at all, once you know the steps.

Edited by damageinc86

1 minute ago, damageinc86 said:

It's really not hard to do the keymapping at all, once you know the steps.

Yeah i know,i just use controller companion for all that stuff so i can set it on a per program basis if i use RL or not, but each to there own, choices are always good.

does that do per system? or per game though?  I think that may be where the distinction lies.

edit:  I guess per system could be per program.  But then, what if you have to use multiple emulator programs for specific games.  That's where per-game might come in handy.

Edited by damageinc86