LaunchBox Community Forums

Flash Games in BigBox mode

Micral35

First, download the Flash Player Projector from this page (scroll down a bit, to the Windows section)
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

In LaunchBox, go to Manage Emulators, click "Add...". Give it a name, and browse to the .exe file

image.thumb.png.f844c24efb2bf75ad2950222a25df6b7.pngIn Associated Platforms you can set it to Adobe Flash. Edit: Actually, set it to Web Browser :)
image.thumb.png.15e85f52c50d688b92e7cd68e1d08444.pngIn order to get it to start up full screen i added a short AHK-script, like this:
image.thumb.png.9cc127972cc36ad44504d8391eb38654.pngAfter that, just press Ok and Close.

Import your flash games as you would with any other emulator. Be sure to check that you have only included .swf files, at the last stage of importing.
As far as I know, none of these games in the LaunchBox database, so you'll have to add most of the information manually. If you do, consider adding it to the database as well so other users can benefit from it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: After writing the post I saw that some flash games have indeed been added to the database, but as "Web Browser" games, not Flash games.

Edited by proghodet

Found the fault.

Think there was something like a hidden charactere wen i copy/pasted the script.

I wrote it now by hand and now it works perfect.

Thank you vor your help an have a nice Sunday!

Don`t know much about the LB Database and uploading media to it.

Will take a look wen i`ve got the time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tutorial. I am been doing some research on how to generate screenshots of the title screens. Didn't have much success yet but there seems to be a way with a tool called swfrenderer. Maybe we could get this to work to add at least some screenshots.

10 minutes ago, Scriven said:

Thanks for the tutorial. I am been doing some research on how to generate screenshots of the title screens. Didn't have much success yet but there seems to be a way with a tool called swfrenderer. Maybe we could get this to work to add at least some screenshots.

For any screenshots on pc I always use lightshot. (https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html)

Just press print screen on your keyboard, select what you want to screenshot, and press ctrl+s to save it as a png :)

I'm happy I could help!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 11:16 AM, proghodet said:

First, download the Flash Player Projector from this page (scroll down a bit, to the Windows section)
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

In LaunchBox, go to Manage Emulators, click "Add...". Give it a name, and browse to the .exe file

image.thumb.png.f844c24efb2bf75ad2950222a25df6b7.pngIn Associated Platforms you can set it to Adobe Flash. Edit: Actually, set it to Web Browser :)
image.thumb.png.15e85f52c50d688b92e7cd68e1d08444.pngIn order to get it to start up full screen i added a short AHK-script, like this:
image.thumb.png.9cc127972cc36ad44504d8391eb38654.pngAfter that, just press Ok and Close.

Import your flash games as you would with any other emulator. Be sure to check that you have only included .swf files, at the last stage of importing.
As far as I know, none of these games in the LaunchBox database, so you'll have to add most of the information manually. If you do, consider adding it to the database as well so other users can benefit from it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: After writing the post I saw that some flash games have indeed been added to the database, but as "Web Browser" games, not Flash games.

"Download Flash Player Projector from Adobe's website."

"In LaunchBox, add the emulator and select the .exe file."

"Set it to Web Browser in Associated Platforms."

"Optionally, use an AHK-script for fullscreen."

"Import flash games, ensuring only .swf files are included."

"Manually add game info as needed."

"Consider contributing to the LaunchBox database."

• 2 weeks later...