LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Cache-Next folder

Typhon

I just started using Launchbox Next, and I noticed a new folder was created, Launchbox\Images\Cache-Next.

My concern here is that my regular cache folder is gigantic, and it is my understanding that Big Box still uses that. Disk space is an issue for me. Are there supposed to be two cache folders, or does Big Box use the Cache-Next folder now, and I can go ahead and delete the old one?

I will be addressing this for the next official release (8.6). Yes, the original cache folder does contain cached images for both OG LaunchBox and Big Box. If you want to clean up the space immediately, unfortunately the best option is going to be to just delete the Cache folder, but then you'll need to repopulate your Big Box cache.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

The beta has gotten rid of the launchbox-next name. Launchbox-next is now just Launchbox.  So if you want it handled immediately update to the beta version.

...the betas do not yet consolidate the cache folders.

2 hours ago, Mah0uPh0x said:

@Jason Carr Will the Cache-Next folder be renamed to Cache in the 8.6 official release?

I'm not sure of the exact method we'll use at this point, but something like that.

• Like 1