LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't update

RottenRotz

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

If you are on 8.6-Beta 1 and trying to update you will need to open the updates folder and manually complete the last update listed. See Jason's [pst about the 4th one down in the beta thread

8.6-beta2 is missing from my updates folder,same as beta-3 and beta4.can i download them from somewhere?

1 hour ago, RottenRotz said:

8.6-beta2 is missing from my updates folder,same as beta-3 and beta4.can i download them from somewhere?

Try installing the new version directly over the top of your current install, here is the link, you will need to add your email again and use the link in the email you receive.

https://www.launchbox-app.com/download

Just now, RottenRotz said:

Ok,tried that,it deletes all my games,and on top of that,when i exit and run launchbox again it reverts to 8.6-beta1 asking me to update

You sure you havent installed it to the wrong folder? I bet you now have a Launchbox folder inside your Launchbox folder, you need to install it a level higher.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You sure you havent installed it to the wrong folder? I bet you now have a Launchbox folder inside your Launchbox folder, you need to install it a level higher.

Well your bet was on the spot :) Missed it somehow there.Everything seems to be in order now.updated to 8.6!Thank you very much!

• Haha 1