LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Whole Set import issue

Aevans0001

Ok so I have just found a pretty big issue with the new mame importer.  The system seems to be  grabbing the first available rom in the zip and then placing everything else into the additional apps.  While this works for a lot of roms (or seems to) it does not work for roms, such as Defender (see below), Ms. Pacman (it comes up as MS Pacman 2 instead of regular Ms. Pacman, Pac-man (see below).  This is a major issue and needs to be corrected.  Also the names of the clones are not clear.  So if I wanted to play pac-man. I would have to find hangly guy, then right click and then somehow know the original version is Midway.  Also could we get a way to make these clones the favorite?

Jason, thanks for all your hard work and I know you will fix this asap as you always do.

LaunchBox.thumb.png.060139c0425cb596cb8b13bc4a0429a6.pngmame64.thumb.png.590fffe6e66568765f489c15c250d22b.png627678951_Pacman(hangly-man).thumb.png.a3f055a75cb1f86c5a2c3321d22287c2.png

@Aevans0001 It does not put the parent ROM as the main ROM and the clones as additional; instead, it uses the region prioritization options that you specify in the wizard:

image.thumb.png.0dc6849805364e5c530d2085a6c7b080.pngSee "Region to Prioritize" above. It's not ordering them by the first one it finds; it's ordering them by region. I do recognize though though that there are some improvements that can be made yet, such as ignoring hacks and prototypes when first looking for the main ROM to use.