LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with NES roms

Luvkraft

Well I got all by games up and running from Atari to PS3, but the funniest thing is, I can't seem to get the NES games to run on anything. I had some issues with the Famicon, but eventually found the mesen core seems to do fine. I have watched two videos, and used mesen, nestopia, quiknes, and a few other retroarch nes cores. I've even used Nestopia stand alone, which gives me 'invalid file'. I've attached pics, so maybe some of you can tell what I've got wrong. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

retro.PNG

retro2.PNG

retro3.PNG

If you name the emulator Retroarch then you only need one entry for it, you just go to the associated platforms tab and specify the core you want for the particular system. If the system is not listed there you can simply enter it at the bottom of the list. Also the system names used in the associated platform list must exactly match what the system is called in the left sidebar in Launchbox in order to work.

Also if you have changed the emulator for a platform you need to bulk edit the roms to use the new emulator. Click on a game in that platform and use ctrl A to highlight all the games, right click one and go to edit, this will open the bulk edit wizard. Click next,then in the dropdown pick emulator, then in the second dropdown that spawns choose the emulator to use and finish out the wizard and launch a game.

EDIT:

The reason you only have the one entry in the associated platform tab in your image above is because Launchbox doesnt know that it is Retroarch, so i suggest naming it that and that associated platform list will be pre-populated, like this.

image.thumb.png.9e45df926fb1c95031db9c26b4d3ebca.png

I recommend just having one emulator named Retroarch for all the platforms that use it, it will be much easier if Launchbox knows the emu is retroarch, it currently doesnt as you named it NES. Once you have that you can run all those systems through the one emulator entry by choosing the specific core from the dropdown which you currently dont have access to due to your naming of the emulator.