LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple controller set-up

Doomsiren

Hi everyone

I've been having a blast with launchbox/bigbox at the moment and setting it up has been going smooth with the exception of configuring the different controllers I want to use for both Big box and specific emulators. For example: My 8bitdo snes controllers which worked perfectly fine earlier this week fail te even be recognised by my machine right now. Probably because I installed SCPToolkit drivers for my ps3 controllers.

for me the goal is to emulate the NES and SNES with 8bitdo SNES controller, the n64 with the origal controllers, the Sega genesis with it's original controllers and MAME with my ps3 controllers, alongside the psx and ps2.

Been digging around a bit to learn how people set up different controllers and this happens as far as I can tell with mixed succes. Windows looks to be a pain in the ass when it comes this. Have people been able make their machine and emulators recognize and auto configure their controllers? And if not what can I do to get close to accomplishing this? Or will I be stuck reinstalling drivers, restarting the pc and remapping button layouts everytime I want to use a different controller?

Thanks in advance!  

Edited by Doomsiren

16 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

You might want to look into the Bliss-Box http://skunx7.wixsite.com/bliss-box

Personally, I just use a Hori Fight Commander for all non analog controls based systems and an XBox controller for anything requiring an Analog stick. This setup is quite and the Hori FC is amazing.

That looks like THE solution. I came across this device earlier but there is very little talk about it on forums when searching about things surrounding compatibility with controllers and what not. I didn't quite know if it held up since there seems to be little talk about, but since you recommendation I'll check it out. 

Do you have any experience with the Bliss-box?

On 9/11/2018 at 2:50 PM, Doomsiren said:

for me the goal is to emulate the NES and SNES with 8bitdo SNES controller, the n64 with the origal controllers, the Sega genesis with it's original controllers and MAME with my ps3 controllers, alongside the psx and ps2.

I could be wrong, as I'm quite new to the program myself, but I think RocketLauncher can do all this for your controllers, although you may get some conflicts if you have Steam controller configuration support enabled for the relevant controllers (PS3,, 8BitDo?)...  and I think you could quite easily disable/never use its other features aswel if it all seems a bit daunting.