LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME problem (not with starting games)

vahacris

Hi all. I've got some problem with MAME recently. Maybe someone have the same experience and can help me with this. 

I can't start MAME exe file. When I start specific games from LB MAME works correctly - games starts without problem, but when I try to run MAME64.exe only black screen occurs and after 10 seconds it dissapear and nothing happen.

So emulating games works perfet but I can't run MAME to change options. I try with other versions of MAME from internet but all of them behave the same.

I made two changes recently - one of them is that i change graphic card - from XTX radeon r9 270 to MSI radeon r9 270 (the old card stop working). I change drivers to the newest.

Second change is that I start running old platforms like coleco, rca studio II, etc with MAME and in one tutorial (to coleco) there was a suggestion to change video options. so i change video mode to opengl. that was the last time i run MAME exe file.

I think it is some problem with graphic card but the strange thing is that arcade games works correctly. I think it is not problem with opengl video mode because when i download other version from internet it should start with default options. or MAME had some ini files with settings somewhere on the drive c?

Please let me know if there is some command lines that i can start MAME with default setting or maybe i can go to mame options from game (when i push tab i know i have options but only for this game). Maybe someone had the same problem and can help me?

ps. sorry for my english ;]