LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a later LEDBlinky controls.ini than 2011 ?

Johnny T

Hi all,

I'm just working my way through setting everything up and would really like to get the LEDs to show the correct buttons when starting a game.

I've exported my MAME.xml but need the "controls.ini" file. I have one that is 483Kb in size and last modified on the 5th January 2011.

The LEDBlinky website points to a website that no longer exists and so I wondered if anyone knows if there's a later one out there?

Or... has someone managed to set their own one up that they would be willing to share?

Either way, any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John :)

• 1 year later...

Seems like nobody has bothered to ever update this once the project was abandoned in 2011.  I just sucked it up and manually added a bunch of games to mine (my MAME/LB bartop has about 300 hand-picked arcade games on it).  Figured I could just do it once and be done with it.  In the end I think I only had to manually add 50 or so... but it's a bummer that there's no real way to automate this.  

For what it's worth, in case anyone out there stumbles on this thread like I did... here's now I easily got the info to add my own entries:

Look up the game here, making sure you have the arcade version... this site has a "controls" layout for about 99% of the games out there.  This will let you know basically all of the info you might need to do a manual entry yourself (joystick type, # of players, how many buttons ,and what to name them for voice feedback): https://www.gamesdatabase.org/

That's a great resource you've found! I'm sure it would be straight forward to automate the creation of the controls.ini file if we had the controls for each of the games in a text format. It would be simple to read the text file and parse it back out as the .ini file.

It seems that the controls are in an image format on that site though. ?