LaunchBox Community Forums

Managed to get American Laser Games working...

Johnny T

i'm sorry to necro this topic, but i'm completely lost with configuring American Laser Games in launchbox.

I've got the "No Intro" package from Colpipes78 and i try to integrate it in my Launchbox configuration but nothing works. For Daphne Games like Dargon's Lair and so on i had no problem with the Launchbox integration, but for ALG, that's just a mess.

I've followed step by step any of the post above, and whatever i do, i always end up with the error message and the Log file (provided here) doesn't help me much finding the problem :( It seems to me a path problem, but don't know what's wrong.

Any help would be appreciated :)

image.png.c73751f85b96a7dfff5930a174355629.png

daphne_log.txt

1 minute ago, Elhora said:

i'm sorry to necro this topic, but i'm completely lost with configuring American Laser Games in launchbox.

I've got the "No Intro" package from Colpipes78 and i try to integrate it in my Launchbox configuration but nothing works. For Daphne Games like Dargon's Lair and so on i had no problem with the Launchbox integration, but for ALG, that's just a mess.

I've followed step by step any of the post above, and whatever i do, i always end up with the error message and the Log file (provided here) doesn't help me much finding the problem :( It seems to me a path problem, but don't know what's wrong.

Any help would be appreciated :)

image.png.c73751f85b96a7dfff5930a174355629.png

daphne_log.txt 1.63 kB · 0 downloads

Looking at your log you have a ".singe" at the end of your path. So it's trying to find

Games\crimepatrol.bat".singe

which is invalid.

You can see it here:

--Command line is: daphne.exe singe vldp -fullscreen_window -x 800 -y 600 -framefile singe/"R:\LAUNCHBOX\Emulators\American Laser Games\crimepatrol.bat"/"R:\LAUNCHBOX\Emulators\American Laser Games\crimepatrol.bat".txt -script singe/"R:\LAUNCHBOX\Emulators\American Laser Games\crimepatrol.bat"/cdrom-"R:\LAUNCHBOX\Emulators\American Laser Games\crimepatrol.bat".singe 

i can see that... but i guess it comes from the end of the command line provided in the first post.  So i don't know what happens.

Just to confirm, all the games runs fine when launched directly from Daphne, so the problem i have is really the launchbox integration

daphne.exe singe vldp -fullscreen_window -ignore_aspect_ratio -x 800 -y 600 -framefile singe/%1/%1.txt -script singe/%1/%1.singe
Edited by Elhora

Yep, I just run a file called American Laser Games.bat and it has the following:

daphne.exe singe vldp -fullscreen_window -ignore_aspect_ratio -x 800 -y 600 -framefile singe/%1/%1.txt -script singe/%1/%1.singe

My launchbox set up looks like this:

image.thumb.png.b302ee3fe2ad896f74cacf3d46e5854b.png

The inside of my crimepatrol folder (along with the path etc) looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f851e12a4018d8961978e9cf1bb25d6f.png

Does any of that help? I don't have a crimepatrol.bat file? I just have a crimepatrol.singe file?

Well my configuration is

Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games

In this root folder i have  a  ".bat"  file for each games (10 games)  that are all working fine when i launch them outside Launchbox  (Example for Mad Dog i have  maddog.bat, For Crime Patrol, i have crimepatrol.bat, etc....)

Those scripts  are all like that :

@daphne.exe singe vldp -fullscreen -noserversend -framefile singe/maddog/frame_maddog_cdrom.txt -script singe/maddog/maddog_cdrom.singe

I also have a "singe" folder which contains each game (each folders and scripts are named accordingly)  

.\singe\maddog   .\singe\crimepatrol   .\singe\drugwars  etc......

Right now if i wanna play an American Laser Game, i just need to launch the  .bat script of the game and everything works fine.

Example :

Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games\maddog.bat    will launch Mad Dog without problems.

Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games\drugwars.bat    will launch Drug wars without problems.

etc.

The main problem i have is that when i add the emulator in launchbox according to the screen capture, it's not working and i dont know how to tell Launchbox to launch the .bat script that works outside Launchbox.  

The emulator for American Laser Games must be a .bat file.

1) For Example name it ''American Laser Games'' and that .bat file must have those lines

daphne.exe singe vldp -fullscreen -x 800 -y 600 -framefile singe/%1/%1.txt -script singe/%1/cdrom-%1.singe

2) You'll notice that you have also .bat files inside that folder, each for every game. Edit it and type the same as mine (Example for crime patrol)

C:\Users\HERE CHOOSE YOUR USER\LaunchBox\Emulators\Daphne_Singe\daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -fullscreen -framefile singe/crimepatrol/frame-crimepatrol-cdrom.txt -script singe/crimepatrol/cdrom-crimepatrol.singe

As you can see you must type the exact path of where your .bat file is.

3) Inside singe folder you must have the games.

Tell me if you do it

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Χωρίς τίτλο2.png

• 1 month later...

Hi,

you can also install the batrunner.exe originally used for ScummVM Launcher:

and use the initial bat files for the games.

Install Emulator:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.dd5edaec5298c912d900b7eb374a1480.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.fad13a81cea40923443c16e57e71d6d9.JPG

And now the game for example Crime Patrol:

Capture4.thumb.JPG.5a011533b5cfbad30fba10b071fb98f3.JPG

That's all

Edited by Tutor
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, mohanned85 said:

when i try playing any game on this i get this error
image.thumb.png.6f28da5b28caf8951e477965aaeea7fb.pngse 

these are setting i using to play game

image.thumb.png.83ccd608f968589a17f87b8af5b66412.png

and hear other
image.thumb.png.90e73938f92d324944e357c91ec957af.png
am i missing anything
thanks

Did you have a look at the Daphne_log.txt to see what that says? It's probably just a path error somewhere... ?

I've not messed with American Laser Games in years (whenever this thread was created) but I remember seeing quite a few of those error messages before I finally cracked it.

*Edit* - the first trick is to get them working with their own launcher before you start trying to get Launchbox to run them.

Edited by Johnny T