LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlists vs Platforms

TheNewClassics

Hey everyone,

I've been using LB for a few months now and I really enjoy it. I'm still trying to nail down exactly how playlists and platforms work.

What I would like to have is my current setup, which is general platforms (ie Arcade, N64, SNES etc.) all on the main menu when I open BB. However, once I pick a selection, such as Arcade, what I'd like to have is different lists such as "Capcom games", "Midway games", etc., along with a list for "All Games". How exactly do I set these lists up within a platform/console?

Thanks in advance 

When you create playlists or platforms you can specify where you want them to display. So you could have say an Arcade Platform Category and under it have Arcade which shows all games and then either create playlists (Launchbox can actually create many of these with the import wizard) or platforms for all the other systems or game manufacturers you want.

The new Beta has nested filters being tested so with that you could get an even greater layer of division for your games.

Capture.JPG

Captureol.JPG