LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox.Next left column sizing

Rod

Hi @Jason Carr

Enjoying Launchbox as usual :)

I'm using .Next in a 15Khz CRT setup with a desktop resolution of 720x576. It looks great, apart from this glaring issue.

See picture below; the left colum sizing can't go further to the left and it's eating quite a large chunk out of my real estate. The column size should be half of what it is now. I hope you see this is kind of annoying, sorry to use these words.

I understand that you're very busy with other stuff, but I have the feeling that this is only a one byte change in your code and the issue would be fixed.

I hope you can make this little change or otherwise let me know what's holding you back on this. Thanks :)

Best, Rod

snapshotforlaunchbox.png

Hi Lord,

yes I understood so much, thanks for letting me know you have the same issue (annoyance?)

I find it just a bit too vague that it would break things, I mean look in the screenshot above , there's ample room to move the column to the left.

I'm also a perfectionist, and this issue is starting to annoy me just a bit too much to be honest, without a good understanding why this isn't possible...

Jason, can you clear up the mist for us?

Would it otherwise be possible that you allow for setting a specific colum size via config file editing?  Something must be possible right?

12 minutes ago, Rod said:

Would it otherwise be possible that you allow for setting a specific colum size via config file editing?  Something must be possible right?

It's hard coded, I tried to change it when I made my LBN theme Bad Old Monkey.

I'll tag @Jason Carr so he might answer it for you with a better answer than I am able to provide, I just remember there was a problem before of it breaking and causing a major issue so it had to have a locked minimum.

I believe that most people will be using 1920x1080 so its likely set to a minimum for that resolution, which of course will use a lot less real estate at that resolution than what you are using. I believe it was limited because either the sidebar wasnt showing if it had been set to narrow or was overlapping the game view so you couldnt actually see your games, i forget exactly but is was breaking for people with standard resolutions so was limited so people didnt break there setups.