LaunchBox Community Forums

Dolphin AHK for save states?

Ghostlines

Does anyone know if you can have Dolphin auto load a save state through an AHK?

I was able to get something similar working for PCSX2 thanks to the help of Dragon57. However, the script doesnt seem to transfer to Dolphin despite keeping all the inputs the same. I read through some old posts from three years or so ago and there was talk about adding the the ability to command prompt but I dont think it went anywhere. Thats about all the information I could dig up.

Am I just doing something wrong? This is the script:

#NoEnv
 Sleep, 3000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {F3}
 Return

If I manually push F3, it works. I've tried having the AHK load before Dolphin, after Dolphin, etc. I've got nothing.

I just tried that and it didnt work. 

So when I use ahk2exe to convert the text doc to an exe file, it keeps flagging up my anti-virus. It never did this before, so I'm not sure why it's doing it now. It's finding it as Ludicrous.Q. Looks like a false positive so when I white list the ahk I just made, it doesnt work. So I dont know if that's windows cutting off the exe before it even has a chance to work or not? Have you run into this issue before?

Everything I've made for PCSX2 works like a charm and I feel like this is just something stupid I'm over looking.

1 minute ago, Ghostlines said:

So when I use ahk2exe to convert the text doc to an exe file, it keeps flagging up my anti-virus. It never did this before, so I'm not sure why it's doing it now. It's finding it as Ludicrous.Q. Looks like a false positive so when I white list the ahk I just made, it doesnt work. So I dont know if that's windows cutting off the exe before it even has a chance to work or not? Have you run into this issue before?

Everything I've made for PCSX2 works like a charm and I feel like this is just something stupid I'm over looking.

Dolphin has hotkeys you can set to your controller, so while not totally automated you can just set a 2 button combo in the actual Dolphin UI to do what you want. I personally hold select/back and use left bumper to save and right bumper to load states in Dolphin.

11 hours ago, Ghostlines said:

Yes, a ton of Anti-Virus products is coming down hard on AutoHotKey and AutoIt scripts. I have to make exceptions all the time so my utilities will run.

I try to get an AutoHotKey script working with Dolphin and report back.

Hmm, not sure what to tell you. I set up the latest build of Dolphin with a couple of games. After starting each one separately, I used Shift-F1 while in game to set a save state. I then used your original code above, but used F1 instead of F3, since I used the default key config. Everything works just fine here with the two games I used. Just a second or two after Dolphin goes full screen, the save state is loaded as I would expect.

Edited by dragon57

Hmm? Are you using the stable build? Or a development version? I'm on 5.0 stable.

I'm gonna try it with F1 instead of F3. I made a save state with F3 just to keep it simple. Also, I think F1 loads from the last save state made, not necessarily one tied to a specific game.

I'll let you know if it works!  

Ok, I got it to work.

I went into the hotkeys menu in Dolphin and manually changed "Load State Slot".

Now here's where it gets weird. I have to leave it on "Dinput/0/Keyboard Mouse" in order for it to fire. If I switch the profile to "Xinput", it wont auto load the save state. Despite me manually changing all the hotkeys.