LaunchBox Community Forums

ms pacman fast not showing

tedmid

Morning,

Just imported a group of MAME roms (not a full set) so I just used regular rom import method.

In launchbox however, I only see the original mspacman, not the fast hack version. I see both roms in the games folder... (e.g. mspacmnf.zip alongside mspacman.zip).

I don't think I have any view filters enabled...

thanks!

-ted

When you did your initial import for MAME did you uncheck the check box to skip hacks if not then the hack wouldn't be included. Also you can try right clicking on Ms Pac-Man and see if it added the game as an additional app that is accessible from the right click menu.

I honestly don't recall what I left checked/unchecked during the import, but I chose "copy files to launchbox games folder" option, and the rom was copied. Do the import checkbox filters control what gets copied or just what gets shown in the menus and what artwork to download?

I will try a re-import tonight and ensure hacks are included and report back, thanks!

5 minutes ago, tedmid said:

I honestly don't recall what I left checked/unchecked during the import, but I chose "copy files to launchbox games folder" option, and the rom was copied. Do the import checkbox filters control what gets copied or just what gets shown in the menus and what artwork to download?

I will try a re-import tonight and ensure hacks are included and report back, thanks!

Im guessing it only moves specifically the roms it imports to the Launchbox folder, but i have never tested it that way. Do you know what romset type you have, merged, non-merged, split? As you are using the old importer it may not move everything correctly. Any insight here @DOS76 you ran a split set with the old importer right?

So I tried again. I put mspacmnf in a folder by it self and tried to import it. I tried unchecking all the import filters (skip hack unchecked, import duplicates etc) and it processed but then says 0 imported. I also tried right clicking mspacman in launch box and choosing split into multiple but it didn't work either. 

Not the end of the world I ended up just editing mapacman and manually changing the rom name since I only really play the fast version. 

Could be the condition of my romset. I think it's a .177 merged. But I manually copied out just what I like to play. 

Thanks for the advice everyone

-ted