LaunchBox Community Forums

Replacing corrupt cores in Retroarch

johnnyskullhead

Hi

Sorry to post again

but i am struggling with Replacing corrupt cores in Retroarch

but I am struggling to sort a couple of cores in Retroarch

i have tried to delete them and try to change config but i cant seem to change how they run

do i need to start from scratch ? re download retroarch entirely ?

any help would be appreciated

Dean

What do you mean by corrupt? did you change some core settings and they no longer work? If so open your Retroarch folder and find the retroartch-core-options.cfg and open it in notepad or notepad++. Find the lines related to the core and just delete them all, and go to file and save.

For example in this image i have highlighted all the Beetle PSX HW core options, then i can just hit delete and save, to restore that core to its defaults.

image.thumb.png.deeabeb78ecd9808c41fcaa5df64c4fa.png

What exactly is the problem? 

3 hours ago, johnnyskullhead said:

but i am struggling with Replacing corrupt cores in Retroarch

but I am struggling to sort a couple of cores in Retroarch

i have tried to delete them and try to change config but i cant seem to change how they run

That isnt very descriptive to what is actually wrong at the moment, if you can explain a little better what the actual issue is i may be able to help more.

1 minute ago, johnnyskullhead said:

Trying to remove scan lines

when i try to disable them it works i i change maually, it wont save  but once i close game down it defaults back to scanlines

OK, in that case go to your Retroarch/config folder. You will see folders in there named after the core, open the one you want and delete the .cfg in there.

image.thumb.png.b2dfbcfd9f0c4d01402e794080e85085.pngimage.thumb.png.dbc1e681649dd2d8940a8e2014045d7c.png

1 minute ago, johnnyskullhead said:

No Effect!!

Do you know how to start fresh remove the core and all its configs ?

Then you have something funky going on, the .cfg in the config folder is where it says if a shader is active or not.

image.thumb.png.551dfa56338ac0bee6890cbe9df2b733.pngIf you want to start with a completely fresh retroarch then delete the three .cfg you see here, but be warned you will lose everything it will be just like a fresh download. You can also just go to the Retroarch/cores folder and delete them,but i wouldnt as nothing is saved in the actual core.

image.thumb.png.5fedc12baa6259c93c0501c5b9a6e4d9.png

i even tried a new build of retroarch , which seemed to work initially then when I changed settings in one core it carried over into them all !!

the configs from old build seemed to have populated via Notepad ++ into new build , is that possible ??

the new build has now corrupted so I cannot change shaders again

is it worth trying again but first deleting notepad ++

its really bugging why it keeps doing this I even tried transferring everything to a different HDD in case that was the cause no change !

Thanks Dean

Personally I would just start fresh and delete every instance of Retroarch that you have (but that's just me). Go to https://www.retroarch.com/?page=platforms and download the version that you need. I wouldn't bother with the installer, just grab the files and put them where you want. If you have a 32 bit OS then grab the 32 bit version, 64 bit, then grab the 64 bit version.