LaunchBox Community Forums

Are video snaps free?

Hackiss

25 minutes ago, Hackiss said:

Are video snaps available in the free version of launchbox? And if so, how can i add them from emumovies?

Edit: Do i just put the Video snaps in the Videos folder?

Video snaps come from emumovies and you have to pay them to get them automatically in Launchbox. If you already have snaps or got the low quality ones from the emumovies website then they go in Launchbox/Videos/Name of system. However if you only have the free version of Launchbox you cant use videos period, thats a premium feature only.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Video snaps come from emumovies and you have to pay them to get them automatically in Launchbox. If you already have snaps or got the low quality ones from the emumovies website then they go in Launchbox/Videos/Name of system. However if you only have the free version of Launchbox you cant use videos period, thats a premium feature only.

Thank you very much for the quick reply :)

Alright so if i understood this correctly. You're saying, even if i put the video files in the folder, i still have to have launchbox premium to be able to play them in launchbox?

you can also make your own, albeit a bit tedious.

i just use nvidia shadowplay to record some gameplay, then save the recording in the games native res, then load up a video editor and cut out the parts i want, then move them to the launchbox video folder and name them exactly the same as the game i want it to play for.

3 hours ago, putnamto said:

you can also make your own, albeit a bit tedious.

i just use nvidia shadowplay to record some gameplay, then save the recording in the games native res, then load up a video editor and cut out the parts i want, then move them to the launchbox video folder and name them exactly the same as the game i want it to play for.

While this is of course absolutely correct, you still wont be able to view them in the free version of Launchbox. Video playback of any description is a premium only feature.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

While this is of course absolutely correct, you still wont be able to view them in the free version of Launchbox. Video playback of any description is a premium only feature.

i should read better lol, i assumed everyone payed for this glorious peice of software.

• Haha 1