LaunchBox Community Forums

3d cartridge templates

Bobsaidwzob

Would anyone be willing to create some realistic looking 3d cartridge templates for some systems? I have the 2d cart template I use but I'm looking to also have a 3d version and am not great with creating 3d images in photoshop (repousse). I'm looking for more of a realistic looking detail on the sides than just a plain extrusion. Thx

• Thanks 1

For most of the systems. I know theres some already out there for the nes, snes, and master system. There's also a bunch of cartridge based systems that are missing any 3d cart artwork. The gameboys, genesis/md, game gear, super famicom, 3ds, ds, 32x, virtual boy. As far as theo nes already out there, they're not really what i was looking for but I've been using them for the time being. 

Yeah, I have the ones you listed as existing, but I also have a few for systems you list as not available. If you can, post a picture of what 3D view you prefer for your carts and I'll see what I have. I also have a few cart templates from my searching over the years. I might have something for you there as well.

• 7 months later...

Hey @dragon57,

I'm having a rough time trying to complete my SNES 3d carts. I noticed you had a pretty extensive collection there, being you have some of the SFC as SNES carts. Would you happen to still have the template, friend? If not, or if it's easier for ya, would you mind zipping up your snes 3d carts folder?

4 hours ago, Xzile said:

Hey @dragon57,

I'm having a rough time trying to complete my SNES 3d carts. I noticed you had a pretty extensive collection there, being you have some of the SFC as SNES carts. Would you happen to still have the template, friend? If not, or if it's easier for ya, would you mind zipping up your snes 3d carts folder?

I actually only have a small SNES 3D cart collection, only around 200. Sort of like a 'best of' collection. When I need a 3D cart image I just go to the Hyperspin ftp and download them. The ftp collection is around 787 images for 3D SNES carts.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I actually only have a small SNES 3D cart collection, only around 200. Sort of like a 'best of' collection. When I need a 3D cart image I just go to the Hyperspin ftp and download them. The ftp collection is around 787 images for 3D SNES carts.

Fair enough,

I've actually downloaded many 3d packs from both hyperspin and emu movies ftp and there still seem to be a few missing, here and there, whether its prototypes or mislabels.

I'm gonna have to see if anyone has the original template and fill the gaps, then and upload it into LB DB. Thanks anyway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xzile said:

Fair enough,

I've actually downloaded many 3d packs from both hyperspin and emu movies ftp and there still seem to be a few missing, here and there, whether its prototypes or mislabels.

I'm gonna have to see if anyone has the original template and fill the gaps, then and upload it into LB DB. Thanks anyway

If you provide a list of what you are missing I'm glad to check to see if I can fill any gaps.

Some of these aren't official releases so they may not have an actual cart, but rather a mock-up.

Miracle Piano Teaching System (3d Cart)

PGA Tour '96 (3d Cart)  - The one on emumovies is erroneus. (PGA Tour Golf)

RHI Roller Hockey '95 (3d Cart) 

Spellcraft: Aspect of Valor (3d Cart)

Star Fox 2 (3d Cart) - Mock-up cart

Street Fighter II - World Warrior (3d Cart) - This one should be easier to find, but emumovies has Street Fighter II - Turbo as it's 3d Cart, and so do most of the Packs.

Shadow of the Beast (3d Cart) - Amiga game. Another mock-up for Snes, never got released.

Greatly appreciated dragon, thanks.

6 hours ago, Xzile said:

Some of these aren't official releases so they may not have an actual cart, but rather a mock-up.

Miracle Piano Teaching System (3d Cart)

PGA Tour '96 (3d Cart)  - The one on emumovies is erroneus. (PGA Tour Golf)

RHI Roller Hockey '95 (3d Cart) 

Spellcraft: Aspect of Valor (3d Cart)

Star Fox 2 (3d Cart) - Mock-up cart

Street Fighter II - World Warrior (3d Cart) - This one should be easier to find, but emumovies has Street Fighter II - Turbo as it's 3d Cart, and so do most of the Packs.

Shadow of the Beast (3d Cart) - Amiga game. Another mock-up for Snes, never got released.

Greatly appreciated dragon, thanks.

Unfortunately I didn't have any of these, but I was able to mock them up pretty quickly. Hope you can use them. I have attached a preview and a zip with the files.

Sheet_00.png

Cart - 3D.zip

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

I'll never understand why templates aren't shared.  People have different collections, and would really benefit from being able to put their own artwork into these awesome types of images so that their collection remains uniform.  I'm having trouble with the 3D vector NES carts, as I have some gaps there.  I'm sure I could eventually figure out how to align a label to make it look correct in that cart,...but it would just be so much easier to slide it into an already set up template ya know?

EDIT:  Well, apparently it was more easily within my reach to make a template out of one than I thought!  I figured it out and now have filled in a couple gaps. 

Edited by damageinc86

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, Bobsaidwzob said:

Would anyone be willing to create some realistic looking 3d cartridge templates for some systems? I have the 2d cart template I use but I'm looking to also have a 3d version and am not great with creating 3d images in photoshop (repousse). I'm looking for more of a realistic looking detail on the sides than just a plain extrusion. Thx

Can you share your 2d templates or carts SEGA GENESIS/MEGADRIVE