LaunchBox Community Forums

USB devices keep getting disabled

Freddy

I've got a mouse and a keyboard that never disappear on one USB hub...

then I've got a electric ice T trackball on a hub that disappears randomly every hour or so...  comes back on reboot

then I have two U360 joysticks on same hub that seems solid

then i have two Spintraks on a different hub that each disappear randomly every few hours....come back on reboot

on that hub, I have an ipac ultimate i/o for buttons and leds that seems solid

anyone have any idea why these usb devices might act this way?

Is this normal for these devices?

Freddy

all the hubs were set so the computer couldn't turn them off...I assume this is correct?

under "human interface devices", i found three "USB input devices" that were checked to allow computer to turn them off.

I unchecked them....you guys think these were the trackball and the spinners?....that would be awesome...boy, would I feel silly if this was the problem !!

Also, if it matters, these three had the option to wake the computer unchecked...is this correct?

also, under the mice devices, i have everything set to allow waking the computer  and to not allow computer to turn them off....is this ok?

thanks for the advice....I'm rebooting to see if this fixes it....fingers crossed

Freddy