LaunchBox Community Forums

rocket launcher ui a this is a folder and must point to a file instead:

afroman90805

Not sure if we can help as this is a Launchbox forum and there are only a few people who post here consistently that use RocketLauncher. May be better suited to post your issue on the RL forum.

A quick Google search of "RocketLuncher Error This is a folder and must point to a file" found this post. Not sure if it will help, but then again RL forum may be a better source for an RL related issue. There were quite a few other posts on their forum for this issue. 

Hopefully one of the experience RL users here will chime in. 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, afroman90805 said:

This is for commodore amiga using FS UAE and  rocketlauncher ui I get this error message saying This is a folder and must point to a file instead please help don't know what this is and how to fix it

Yeap, you will get that with FSUAE. The vast majority of people use WinUAE for the Amiga when using Rocketlauncher. A while back I tried to get FS UAE to work with Rocketlauncher. Some dude over at the forums there even released his own version of a module he said would work with FSUAE but after a lot of back and forth, I was never able to get it to work and neither were some of the other guys on that thread. 

Use WinAUE instead for the Commodore Amiga and the Amiga CD 32.

UPDATE: If you use the FS-UAE Module version 4 and the developer's version of FS-UAE, it all works perfectly fine. It's doesn't work properly with the stable version of FS-UAE for some reason. At least I couldn't get it to work.

Edited by Styphelus
Update

• 3 months later...

@steelcityjj  i downloaded your Amiga Pack via ArcadePunks, i copied all files to the correct destination. But the Beta Modul FSUAE is missing. Maybe im a noob, but i think without with this Rocketauncher Modul the games won't start. If i use the "original" Modul it ends in the same Error " This is a folder and must point to a file instead " like in the first post. Maybe some one can help me.

Edited by DerSchlachter

• 1 year later...