LaunchBox Community Forums

Lagging Platform Categories

RetroHumanoid

@Jason Carr Hey...So I would first like to say that I did not experience this issue in 8.7,or any version previous to that...this only just started happening in 8.8,and has continued in 8.9.

I have a bit of lag when switching through Platform Categories (Arcade,Consoles,Handhelds,etc.),but,I do not get this lag while browsing Platforms (Atari 2600,Atari 5200,etc.).

The amount of lag seems to have something to do with the amount of Platforms that are in that category. This is only a guess,but,looking at the behavior,it looks to be the most probable reason for it. When I go to Arcade (which I have roughly 30 Platforms/Playlists),it loads up in about 2 seconds...when I go to Collections (which I have about 270 Playlists),it loads up in about 8 seconds....when I go to Pinball (which has only 5 Platforms),it loads up almost instantly.

I have tried multiple themes,and they all show the same lag in the Platform Category View,but not in the Platform View.

I did reinstall 8.7,and it did not have the problem anymore,but,I switched back to 8.9 because my platforms were all messed up when I rolled back,I assume due to all of the changes made between the two versions. I also updated windows,and my graphics drivers are up to date.I have not tried the latest beta.

It is run off a cabinet.No Firewall,No AntiVirus,No Adware Blocker....I don't even use the web browser on that PC.

If you need more info,I will be happy to provide it,Thanks.

PC Specs:

Intel i3 4350 / 16gb ram / GeForce 1050GT / Windows 7 Pro

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue....but worse...FRUSTRATING as this is my main view and it takes forever (62sec the last time) to load now.  I have a platform created for playlists (mixed collections), I have a lot of playlists in it, but this has never been a problem before the most recent couple updates.

Edited by cleverest

Just want to verify,that after removing all but a few Collection playlist xml's from the data folder,and starting bigbox,and moving to the Collections category,in the Platform Category menu,it no longer suffers from the lag. So,it is most definitely tied to the amount of Platforms/Playlists in that category.

Edited by RetroHumanoid
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr That is correct. I am reffering to Big Box. While browsing through Platform Categories,it lags loading the assets. First my marquee stuff pops up,then the main screen populates with video and info. The time it takes for this to happen is longer or shorter depending on the category. Longest time is about 8-10 seconds total for categories that have alot of platforms on the second level. I have tried turning off the marquee,as well as switching to wmp for video playback,both resulted in no change to the behavior.

15 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

@Jason Carr That is correct. I am reffering to Big Box. While browsing through Platform Categories,it lags loading the assets. First my marquee stuff pops up,then the main screen populates with video and info. The time it takes for this to happen is longer or shorter depending on the category. Longest time is about 8-10 seconds total for categories that have alot of platforms on the second level. I have tried turning off the marquee,as well as switching to wmp for video playback,both resulted in no change to the behavior.

Ah, okay. I was looking for it in the wrong place lol. I see it now with the details though; I'll see what I can do.

@cleverest I have your LaunchBox populating platform categories performance issue fixed for the next beta.

• Thanks 2