LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for a lost game.

jamie1981uk

When I was younger we starting our gaming life with a BBC Micro followed by a C64. We had a game but i can't remember what it was called or which computer it was on. I'm almost positive it was for the BBC Micro but I'm not 100%. From what little I remember, The game was about a band that you had to drive to the concert. You or may not have been the manager/promoter. It's been around 35 years so I would be guessing at what else you did. Any ideas? It would mean a lot to find out what game it is because it's one the very first ones I played along with Repton. 

14 minutes ago, jamie1981uk said:

When I was younger we starting our gaming life with a BBC Micro followed by a C64. We had a game but i can't remember what it was called or which computer it was on. I'm almost positive it was for the BBC Micro but I'm not 100%. From what little I remember, The game was about a band that you had to drive to the concert. You or may not have been the manager/promoter. It's been around 35 years so I would be guessing at what else you did. Any ideas? It would mean a lot to find out what game it is because it's one the very first ones I played along with Repton. 

I tried searching the net to see if I could find anything since it doesn't sound familiar to me and the only two games I could find anything on that sort of match your description are:

Paul McCartney's Give My Regards To Broad Street (1984)

and 

the blues brothers

Hope that helps or maybe triggers something else in your memory about the game that might help you figure out which one it is.

35 minutes ago, spycat said:

I don't remember the Blues Brothers or that McCartney one on the BBC, but Rik the Roadie sounds as if it might fit the bill. It was out on the C64 and BBC Micro.

Absolute genius. Thanks for that. It is Rik the roadie. I had a quick look at some screenshots and I remember driving through traffic and then doing a concert at the end. Might have to find this little beauty out. It was released in 1988 which seems a little late for me since I was born in 1981. Repton was 1985 so it seems, that may have been one of the first games I played. Thanks again for the help. 

1 hour ago, jamie1981uk said:

Absolute genius. Thanks for that. It is Rik the roadie. I had a quick look at some screenshots and I remember driving through traffic and then doing a concert at the end. Might have to find this little beauty out. It was released in 1988 which seems a little late for me since I was born in 1981. Repton was 1985 so it seems, that may have been one of the first games I played. Thanks again for the help. 

Awesome, glad you got it figured out.

• 4 weeks later...