LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Attraction Mode Freezing.....AGAIN

Boomerps2

So I have had a few Big Box Builds and all seem to have this problem. Not going to call it a hardware issue as the builds have been on different PC's. I have read many threads saying to switch from VLC to WMP but yields the same results. I can't stay in attraction mode without it freezing in place and having force close Big Box. Has this issue been addressed and if so, what is the cause? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

So I have had a few Big Box Builds and all seem to have this problem. Not going to call it a hardware issue as the builds have been on different PC's. I have read many threads saying to switch from VLC to WMP but yields the same results. I can't stay in attraction mode without it freezing in place and having force close Big Box. Has this issue been addressed and if so, what is the cause? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Some troubleshooting would probably be needed. I have 3 builds running in my house and most stay on throughout the day. I have not had any freezes from attract mode with them in over a year. I think it has been a while since anyone reported on it as well. I see there was a thread back in June but that member never responded again. I will tag @Jason Carr and see if there is anything he would recommend for troubleshooting.

Hi Boomerps2, that is indeed something that we haven't heard of issues with in a long time. If you're having the same issue on multiple PCs, that maybe suggests that it's some kind of weird issue with your collection, or something of that sort. I have a bunch of questions in order to help narrow it down:

• How many machines is it freezing on?
  • What are the specs of each machine you're running it on (CPU, GPU, and RAM)?
  • What version of Windows are you running on each machine?
  • Are you running the same collection on each machine?
  • How long does it take in attract mode before it typically freezes?
  • What version of LaunchBox are you running on them?

I think that should help hopefully move us forward to getting it figured out. It won't likely be easy to troubleshoot but usually we can get it figured out eventually. One common issue that we find to be the culprit in these kinds of situations is crappy anti-virus products or other applications running in the background that can cause issues. You can try disabling anti-virus and turning off all background processes; that may solve the problem.