LaunchBox Community Forums

Having trouble with settings for Mame

nemisisomega

Hi, 

I am looking to get some help with an issue I'm having. I currently use MameUI64 0.186 for my mame emulator....recently updated it from 0.152 to help with game compatibility. For the most part everything is working ok, but when I start a game from within Launchbox any settings I've changed from the default system options (v-sync, effects, etc.) don't work.  It's as if it's running a completely separate instance of MAME set to default settings.  Is there a way I can fix this so when I make changes to Mame they carry over to when I use Launchbox?

3 minutes ago, nemisisomega said:

Hi, 

I am looking to get some help with an issue I'm having. I currently use MameUI64 0.186 for my mame emulator....recently updated it from 0.152 to help with game compatibility. For the most part everything is working ok, but when I start a game from within Launchbox any settings I've changed from the default system options (v-sync, effects, etc.) don't work.  It's as if it's running a completely separate instance of MAME set to default settings.  Is there a way I can fix this so when I make changes to Mame they carry over to when I use Launchbox?

Go to your ini folder and copy the mame.ini into the root mameui folder.