LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Controller support

Talclipse

I really like LB but i feel a bit cheated.after paying i realized LB doesn't support Directinput and only xinput.

My setup is xbox one controllers with a bluetooth dongle and i plan to have my pc boot right i to LB without the need of a mouse and keyboard.all of my emus work just fine with this setup yet the front end doesn't even see the controllers.

now ive had to find a work around using xoutput,some 360 drivers,and virtual bus drivers but dang this should be supported by a paid app without the end user needing to do all of this.

1 hour ago, Talclipse said:

I really like LB but i feel a bit cheated.after paying i realized LB doesn't support Directinput and only xinput.

My setup is xbox one controllers with a bluetooth dongle and i plan to have my pc boot right i to LB without the need of a mouse and keyboard.all of my emus work just fine with this setup yet the front end doesn't even see the controllers.

now ive had to find a work around using xoutput,some 360 drivers,and virtual bus drivers but dang this should be supported by a paid app without the end user needing to do all of this.

I am pretty sure the xbox one controllers are xinput over bluetooth in Windows 10, either way i'm pretty sure dinput is supported. Just make sure you have the correct controller selected in Tools/Options/ Joystick-controller.

Dualshock 4 v2 works just fine. Direct input. Problem with dinput is probably steam or uplay or even geforce experience, they are known to hijack d-input gamepad because of crappy microsoft work on how it is handled. Issue of exlusive/sharing mode is very bad. Best would just to not use crap of nvidia experience and shutdown steam uplay when not using it.  dinput over usb cable has no problem with such things only wireless is affected. As for LB it self , that i cant tell, never atempted to use gamepad for LB, maybe steam desktop mode if other things fail?

Edited by Undertherainbow

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Also if you payed then you have Bigbox mode, which is specifically designed for controller setups. So i would be using that, not Launchbox with a controller.

Ok i need to be more  Specific.

Win7 fully updated

New xbox 1 ver 2 (S) controllers that have bluetooth.

Asus bt400 bluetooth dongle

No extra controller/input software besides the widcomm drivers.

Neither LB or BB will see my controllers.in fact no controllers show up at all in the dropdown.

With this setup my xb1 controllers are working as directinput devices and working 100% with everything except LB/BB.

Now to fix this i got Xoutput,xbox360eng,and virtual bus drivers converting the directoutput into xinput and its working just fine now after a buttload of configuring to get all those extra drivers and programs to launch and run the correct way at windows start.

Edited by Talclipse

36 minutes ago, Undertherainbow said:

Dualshock 4 v2 works just fine. Direct input. Problem with dinput is probably steam or uplay or even geforce experience, they are known to hijack d-input gamepad because of crappy microsoft work on how it is handled. Issue of exlusive/sharing mode is very bad. Best would just to not use crap of nvidia experience and shutdown steam uplay when not using it.  dinput over usb cable has no problem with such things only wireless is affected. As for LB it self , that i cant tell, never atempted to use gamepad for LB, maybe steam desktop mode if other things fail?

I have none of that installed and this was a completely fresh install of win7.only emulators,supporting apps/drivers and LB/BB installed.

25 minutes ago, Talclipse said:

Ok i need to be more  Specific.

Win7 fully updated

New xbox 1 ver 2 (S) controllers that have bluetooth.

Asus bt400 bluetooth dongle

No extra controller/input software besides the widcomm drivers.

Neither LB or BB will see my controllers.in fact no controllers show up at all in the dropdown.

With this setup my xb1 controllers are working as directinput devices and working 100% with everything except LB/BB.

Now to fix this i got Xoutput,xbox360eng,and virtual bus drivers converting the directoutput into xinput and its working just fine now after a buttload of configuring to get all those extra drivers and programs to launch and run the correct way at windows start.

OK xinput does not work over bluetooth in Windows 7, so that is likely the issue there. I'm not sure what it is actually connecting as then, but that is likely why it is not showing, it could be showing in Windows as some weird peripheral and not a controller at all.

You could try the steps and driver in the below reddit thread, it's not strictly for the xbox one controller, but it gets xinput working over bluetooth on windows 7 with the controller mentioned, so should work with a xbox one controller also. @Charco also had the same issue on Windows 7 with his 8bitdo controller and that driver linked worked for him to get xinput working on Windows 7 over Bluetooth.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, neil9000 said:

OK xinput does not work over bluetooth in Windows 7, so that is likely the issue there. I'm not sure what it is actually connecting as then, but that is likely why it is not showing, it could be showing in Windows as some weird peripheral and not a controller at all.

You could try the steps and driver in the below reddit thread, it's not strictly for the xbox one controller, but it gets xinput working over bluetooth on windows 7 with the controller mentioned, so should work with a xbox one controller also. @Charco also had the same issue on Windows 7 with his 8bitdo controller and that driver linked worked for him to get xinput working on Windows 7 over Bluetooth.

Awesome man that helped alot..haven't tried it on my xb1 or ds4 controllers just yet but it got my 8bitdo sf30 pro working flawlessly..

Can't you guys bake this driver in for win7 installs to avoid this for the end user??

Edit,this driver works flawlessly with xb1 v2 controller,plus also seems to fix the wonky inputlag/slow down speed up this controller had before...but with a DS4 i have an odd issue.

If i don't use this driver,rather the stock win7 hid driver then my ds4 mapping is all screwed up in BB with □=A and X=B by default works fine other then that.but with this driver from a cold boot and direct boot into BB the ds4 works 100%,but if i go to the desktop then back into BB the ds4 has its UP button get stuck with non stop platform cycle.

Edited by Talclipse