LaunchBox Community Forums

Edit additional apps for various roms

LuismaSP89

Actually, if you select a lot of roms, you can edit some fields like "gender, emulator, platform, developer, etc" but there´s no way to select the same additional app for all of them, and you must do that one by one. I think is a good idea to enable this function, since some users like me, have a lot of roms and some of them requires the same .bat before the launch, and it´s a waste of time doing this one by one like I said, specially if you have for example a 3000+ roms collection.

Bulk edit of additional apps was on the last poll but didn't get many votes so unfortunately it won't be getting implemented anytime soon. It's something I think would be good to have as well but more requested features take priority.

You can see the poll results here, bulk edit additional apps is 4th from the bottom:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-V9D22LCH8/

What exactly is it that you are doing that requires bat files for every game ? Maybe there is a better solution.

Uh... I see... what a shame, I think it would be a very useful option.

I need to change a registry key in order to enable/disable a virtual soundcard, I managed to do this by creating a .bat file. (Actually I use launchbox for my games and movies collection) and a lot  of movies need to disable the virtual soundcard to use my receiver in order to transfer the DTS sound. So I think to add a .bat for all DTS movies in order to disable the virtual soundcard before the movie plays.

Btw, don´t worry, I´ll wait until the bulk edit option of additional apps will be created. Thanks a lot.

4 hours ago, LuismaSP89 said:

Uh... I see... what a shame, I think it would be a very useful option.

I need to change a registry key in order to enable/disable a virtual soundcard, I managed to do this by creating a .bat file. (Actually I use launchbox for my games and movies collection) and a lot  of movies need to disable the virtual soundcard to use my receiver in order to transfer the DTS sound. So I think to add a .bat for all DTS movies in order to disable the virtual soundcard before the movie plays.

Btw, don´t worry, I´ll wait until the bulk edit option of additional apps will be created. Thanks a lot.

What are you using to play your movies? I use VLC, KODI and PLEX here and all three of those pass dts just fine to my AVR, in fact they pass DTS HD MASTER AUDIO also as well as all the Doldy Digital formats up to Dolby True HD, my AVR doesnt support Dolby Atmos so i cant test that or the DTS equivalent, but as i say everything else gets passed just fine.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

What are you using to play your movies? I use VLC, KODI and PLEX here and all three of those pass dts just fine to my AVR, in fact they pass DTS HD MASTER AUDIO also as well as all the Doldy Digital formats up to Dolby True HD, my AVR doesnt support Dolby Atmos so i cant test that or the DTS equivalent, but as i say everything else gets passed just fine.

I use media player classic. The problem here is not the passing of DTS to my AVR, that works fine. The problem is that I use the FX audio enhancer, which is a virtual soundcard. And then I need to disable that virtual soundcard every time I reproduce DTS in order to pass the DTS sound to my AVR. That´s what I done using a .bat file and all works ok. That´s the reason I need to add a .bat file for all these movies.

Edited by LuismaSP89