LaunchBox Community Forums

Which games need to be zipped or unzipped?

Tatts4Life

So I'm finally getting around to setting up my launchbox again and found out that ps2 games need to be unzipped and other systems, I forget which one it was right now, work with zipped games. Is there a place that tells me which systems need zipped or unzipped games? I looked in the forum and didn't see a thread about this.

OMG SNES has given me so much trouble. In the YouTube video I was following it shows all files 7 zipped mine were just plain zipped and launchbox wasn't recognizing the games. Then when I would go to play a game once I finally had a few loaded the stupid thing wouldn't play. For some reason the associated platform tab of retroarch listed snes9x next but there isn't a core called that in retroarch. THEN I found out that the name of the core in that tab was wrong. But I finally have that loaded. Still not sure why zipped files don't load into the library like they did on the YouTube video. At least the files aren't large. I think in total all 700+ games total under 1gb.

My PS2 games are in a gzip format that is supported as opposed to an ISO. The difference is on first launch of the game it will create a small cached' shortcut in your game directory so it will take a few seconds on first opening. After that the boot up performance is fine after that.