LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox using 100% of harddrive utilization

screwball69

So previously I was on 7.1 when my license expired and hadn't upgraded to lifetime till today.

After upgrading to lifetime and updating to 9.1 Launchbox uses 100% of my hard drive according to task manager and my computer slows to a absolute crawl and clears up immediately after closing.

Currently I have it running to see if it clears up since I have alot of stuff on my setup I wasnt sure if it has to reload every image again or something.

Edit: ok so I found the cause. If I select "All" instead of a specific platform it maxes out the hard drive. it immediately returns to normal if I select a platform though.

Edited by screwball69

• 6 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Sounds like it's caching your images.

I seem to be having this same issue and am trying to find where I can change the cache setting on lb in the most recent version (not under options like I saw in previous posts of older versions). Everything else on pc is super cool in the sense of usage, just the disc when selecting all games is crazy high.