LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME not working

ermac_0

Hello all, 

I started using LB a few weeks ago and its really easy compared to HS.. got ps2 and SNES working and im very happy with that I mean its basically clicking next next. But when doing MAME it just wont work. I know its not LB with the issue but I just cant get it working. I know I have to have the right roms for the MAME version I have and I do but all it does is stay on the game info screen and does nothing else. I tried 0.204 and 0.202 and same thing.  any help would be great... THX!

3 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Have you mapped your controller ? Pressing the button or moving your joystick should get you past that screen. You can also disable that screen by setting skip_gameinfo  to 1 in the mame.ini file.

Dont have a controller yet, using keyboard. I honestly dont know what controller to get. tho for the PS2 im using my PS4 controller. 

Using a keyboard for testing should get you past that screen, can't remember off the top of my head if you need to press left and right or just one of the buttons it uses for action buttons.

If you haven't figured out what controller to get I would like to recommend the Hori FC if you don't need an analog stick. I have one and absolutely love it for my retro gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545335701&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fc

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

Using a keyboard for testing should get you past that screen, can't remember off the top of my head if you need to press left and right or just one of the buttons it uses for action buttons.

If you haven't figured out what controller to get I would like to recommend the Hori FC if you don't need an analog stick. I have one and absolutely love it for my retro gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545335701&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fc

cool i will check it out

4 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Weird, Mame should generate one automatically somewhere, usually in the /ini folder. I always generate my own using the command line and it's in the main folder.

wow.. I followed ETAPrime tutorial and he doesn't have it on his MAME root folder