LaunchBox Community Forums

X Arcade Tank Stick Was Working Fine, Then...

thejamestownoasis

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Glad it is sorted. Honestly does not surprise me one bit when it comes to a pc. 

Of course this is not over.

I’m back to problems and it may be what was causing this in the first place, and definitely a problem I was having in the past.

Both the joy/buttons and trackboaRd USBs are getting booted out of windows 10. They will just randomly disconnect. Now, I haven’t been around to witness it, but I can hear from upstairs that they sometimes reconnect on their own. The only way for me to alleviate this while playing is to pause with the BT keyboard, pull out the TS USBs, re-insert them, and then go back in the MAME. This of course is not workable.

After reading, I went into my Win 10 power management area in CP and disabled the “put usbs to sleep” option. Didn’t work.

I then went into the device manager and then, individually (per USB port) disallowed Win 10 from disabling the USB’s to save power. Didn’t work.

I read that some have seem success by uninstallling their usb drives and then restarting their CPU, but when I go to uninstall them I get concerned because windows “warns” me that I’m going to be uninstalling them. Should I try this or is this a bad idea. ???

I just don’t know what to do. It’s just one thing after the other. I had this problem months ago, simply moved to new usb ports and it went away. Now, again, I’ve done NOTHING and it just pops up again. The damn thing just cannot stay connected, right?

so frustrating. It infuriates me that so many others just have this working without all of this BS!

Thanks

James

Edited by thejamestownoasis

Try plugging it into the other pc and leaving it in there to see if you have the same issue over a period of time. If not than you can somewhat confirm something is wrong with the pc you normally use the Tankstick in.

I am not to technically savvy when it comes to actual pc components so I will not be able to help there.

Wanted to thank everyone for their help - specifically Retro808. Since switching to the front USB ports the problem has completely vanished. I don't even want to question it at this point- I switched my WIFI USB dongle to the back and IT too gets booted off, so I know it must be something with Windows 10 or the BIOS- I simply do not want to dive into it right now.

Somewhat off-topic, but related. I wonder why I'm having such a HELLUVA time mapping buttons in MAME. For instance: I simply want to map a "PAUSE" function, so I (right or wrong) hit "TAB" to open the configurator, select the UI option, and then- with some measure of success- I'm able to assign a task to a button. BUT, I simply want to put in a pause function using TWO buttons (to avoid accidental pausing of course) and I cannot get this done. I was able to eventually program the "Player 2" button for pause, but of course that won't work on most games.

Can someone speak to what I'm doing wrong please?

Thanks

James

Edited by thejamestownoasis