LaunchBox Community Forums

Nestopia Won't Exit Fullscreen Properly

Whitestrake1967

Hey all,

I'm new to LaunchBox but looking for some assistance with Nestopia; whenever I launch a game and set it to run full screen all starts up fine, runs perfectly etc - issue is occurring when I try to exit a game in BigBox or LaunchBox. When tapping ESC (or similarly assigned controller hotkey, the game appears to attempt to exit out (goes to black screen with menu bar at the top) before returning to the game I was playing; trying again just loops this behaviour.

Essentially I can exit out by pressing alt+enter or shift+tab but part of the joy of LaunchBox was being able to fully navigate etc using a controller and meant I could be lazy and not get up off of the couch...

I've also successfully got N64 and SNES emus up and running and can exit out of those with no issues so I'm curious to know whether I'm overlooking a simple setting somewhere with this one?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Sandalphon22 said:

I tried this and I had no luck, it still doesn't want to exit.  Has something changed since this was effective?

Nothing changed that should affect it. In fact just tested on latest stable version and latest beta of Launchbox and that code still close Nestopia without issue for me. Do you have you  keys or controller button mapped in Launchbox for the "Exit Game" command?

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, PsycoBanana said:

So I put the emulator on full screen, read the thread, and added the code, but all it does is pauses the program, and then I have to hunt for the file which is hidden to exit. Is there a better script command that fixes this? 

LB does not actually need an AHK to close Nestopia. Bind your exit button or button combo in LB and/or BB controller automation and it just works. Just tested both with the AHK and without and it works either way. Both in Fullscreen and Windowed mode.

In the Nestopia preferences do you have the box for "Confirm on Exit" unchecked?

Also make sure you are not running the emulator as admin. Doing so will not allow LB to elevate and have the AHK close the emulator.