LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo CD

sac1000

Failed again, but getting closer(?)

So I got the messui64 installed, but both bios inside the roms folder and launched it through LB, selecting SNK NEOGEO CD and mess as an emulator (I specified the path to the app messui64 just to be sure) and I have a loading screen 5seconds, then a message(picture 2), a short orange screen and the SNk NEOGEOCD starts to load (pic1)but as soon as it has completed the animation an error message pops in(pic3) and the program closes.

logo.jpg

picture1.JPG

picture2.JPG

And I tried directly from the messui64.exe, I double clicked on the blue line (see pic) and it loaded directly, but that's just the machine, no game .But at least It didn t crash. Maybe my neocd roms aren't suited for this? If so what are the conditions for a rom to work with Messui64? (i had a cue and bin file and thought It was enough)?

direclyfrommessui64.jpg

I'm lost here. So mess can detect my nes games (in a different folder), although it didnt' for N64 (which is also in a different folder and also works perfectly)? Thefact that mess shuts down right before loading the game through LB makes me think there is a pb with my roms although I have no idea what is wrong with them...

I don't think that detection is for game roms but for bios but I also have never used MessUI, I just use the command line version of Mame.

In my setup all I have is a separate install of Mame 197 (haven't updated it), in the /roms folder of that install I put all my bios files for console and computer systems I emulate. I then just import the files I need into LB such as roms or cue sheets and they work as long as I have the correct command line parameter set in the associated platforms for that system. Not all systems in the screenshot below are ones I use Mame for though I have tested them and they work.screenshot_39.thumb.jpg.06480686701fca10e2cb63605bed5469.jpgThe biggest roadblocks I run into is correct bios and disk images that Mame will accept as working.

I reinstalled the version 0.197 of mess (instead of messui), put the bios together and wrote the default command just as on the picture you uploaded.But the result is the same, mess stops working when it loads the game...

No chance I could find a set with the programm, the bioses and at least 1 game to try somewhere ?

The version 0.197 of mess and the new rompack I tried seem to be ok, at last. Thanks a lot for your help and patience guys.

Now I was wondering...I Have a usb neogeo controller -which I bought for ps3 - is it compatible with mess? the input menu was so messy I couldnt really set all the buttons properly.And a last question: my ps is connected to my tv and i slide programms to the tv screen , bigger when i play games and watch movies. Can I do that with mess? once the programm is launched the keyboard isnt working anymore so I assume there must be a way to configure that somewhere but I'd like to do it from LB so I don t have to repeat the process for every emulator...