LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo CD

sac1000

Hi, I've spent the evening configuring the launchbox and struggling with bios, bins and cues...The thing is, I only want to play with my neogeo cd games but neither mame nor mess, nor raine work for me tonight. I tried half a dozen tutos but I just can't make it work. Can anybody help me here with up to date infos? i could play the neogeo of course but I miss the amazing soundtrack that only can be found on the cd version.

thanks

Hi

Thanks again. I found the 2 zip files you are talking about but i don t know how to get to my folder through the command prompt, i could display the directories but anything else i tried I get the error of syntax message. My I: hdd contains a LaunchBox folder at the root, in which there is a Emulator folder, and inside the Mess folder. what should I type??" . thanks again for your help lordmonkus

Edited by sac1000

The files are in the folder as you mentioned in the Tuto but I cannot manage to create the necessary Ini file. There s a ini folder in the mess folder but no .ini file. I tried to launch both mess and messui but it didn’t create any ini file...

Thank you for the Mamefornoobs link, I get most of it because I could already install ps1,go,genesis etc. on LaunchBox. My concern is I cannot navigate through mess with the command prompt and as I wrote above command prompts keeps on telling my syntax is incorrect . Can you explain me how to navigate through the mess folder with this prompt command? I’m sure it’s a simple thing and sorry for being dumb but I appreciate your help.

I don't understand why anyone is using MESS builds at this point instead of just using MAME if you want to navigate through cmd window you just use the cd command. You can see the example there of how to move from the point where you start a command prompt to changing a directory to then listing everything in the directory.

image.thumb.png.c78ebf2bf1458e098490df35a5c47d68.png

I put manually the bios file into the mess rom folder, but It wasn't recognized...see the picture.

I also tried the cmd window but again, I can 't make it to the mess folder. This is driving me crazy, all the other emulators are ok, but the neocd one, the one I need the most! please help me out

cmdcommand.jpg

messfolder.jpg

errormessage.jpg

I know It should be a mess.ini , but as a matter of fact it just isn't.I'm going to erase and try reinstall but is there another easy way to create the .ini file? I posted the cmd prompt picture to show you the message I got. I: works to get inside the hdd but any other thing I write isn't correct ...