LaunchBox Community Forums

X-Men dual screen, selectable players

Sasquatch5

I've just figured out how to get dual screen working in MAME.  Very cool effect for Run & Gun, Punch-Out, Gradius II, etc.

The 6-player X-men is dual screen, but not the 2 player/4player ones where you can select a character. Anyone know a way to have the best of both worlds?

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

If you have the six player ROM I would think it would work the same as the other games

xmen6pu is the name of the rom I believe

The six player rom, you don't select a character, so it's closest to the arcade version. Player 1 is always Cyclops, etc. In the 2 and 4 player roms you can pick a character.

I was hoping to get the dual screens like in the 6 player version, but also be able to pick a character.

• 1 month later...

Go here: http://cheat.retrogames.com/mame_downloads.htm

Download the cheat file that matches your version of Mame. Within that downloaded zip file there will be a readme file and a cheat.7z file, take the cheat.7z file and put it in your Mame folder along side your Mame executable.

screenshot_97.jpg.4de65ef1a427467426d60966366c01c5.jpgOpen up your mame.ini file and make sure cheats are enabled.

screenshot_98.jpg.914b9dd6c9068d23b479ad52ebf91b18.jpgLoad up a game and press the Tab key on your keyboard, you will see a cheat option.

screenshot_99.thumb.jpg.7fda85f1c380b2611e7a608da57c148f.jpgYou can now select which character you want in the cheat menu.

screenshot_100.thumb.jpg.e59f59d2f91769950aaccbe15485ea58.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1