LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to show ONLY games with NO COVER IMAGES?

cleverest

@cleverestThere is this tool linked below which will allow to toggle off/on the media if it is present in collection or not.  It is a lot faster pulling the information than Audit and it is handy to see what is in your collection that doesn't have LB DB ID yet. It is just a lister and doesn't actually modify anything. Can export out to text of excel directly (which would be useful if Audit function would do with out having to copy/paste).  A couple things to watch out for:

1. It hasn't been updated in awhile (sadly) and seems to have issues with some data where it will miss media that it is present but it is actually there in LB folder.  MAME is a big one where for purpose of media checking it cannot be used since gives false negatives.  It doesn't pick up media that is named like the ROM that is completely different than the title. For example, in MAME it will see media for the game "005" since the ROM and media are same name.  But in my case 99% of my media is named after the ROM in MAME so "18 Holes Pro Golf" where the media uses the "progolf" rom name it will show the media as absent.  The Database ID indicator works for MAME and it does list it your full DB set, just cannot use for media management sadly. 
  2. The other one is that it doesn't like "colons" or apostrophes in name and will indicate media missing (for similar reasons as above, since colons are replaced with dashes in actual media Windows file names). 

On the positives, and why I use as tool for certain things is that it is fast and that it allows for checking of things like "manuals" and "music" which for whatever reason the Audit function in LB still doesn't allow. It allows more granularity to check media since drop down boxes are more specific than LB Audit function (gameplay vs title for example).  It is also good for checking if games are in LB DB and is much faster than audit function. If the above two name format issues were fixed it is superior to the Audit function as far as granularity of media audited.  Unfortunately, doesn't seem it is likely to be updated at this point and the audit function doesn't seem high on priority list in LB to add any features similar to this tool so have to kludge away. 

Edited by sundogak
edited music comment, which can be audited in LB
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cleverest said:

Yes, I do that currently, per platform...some of them taking forever to load, then a change is made and it has to be re-loaded again...so I was just hoping for way to load the collection like we do with "HIDE ALL FRONT COVERS", but that's okay, thanks.

I agree that the audit screen takes forever to load, but I don't get what do you mean with reloading again. I had used the audit several times for the same thing plus removing duplicated covers and such, but never had to reload the audit (unless I close the screen of course). I simply sort by the column I want, open the edit screen from within audit and when I confirm the changes the audit gets updated instantly.

1 hour ago, code88 said:

I agree that the audit screen takes forever to load, but I don't get what do you mean with reloading again. I had used the audit several times for the same thing plus removing duplicated covers and such, but never had to reload the audit (unless I close the screen of course). I simply sort by the column I want, open the edit screen from within audit and when I confirm the changes the audit gets updated instantly.

When I select more than one game to make changes in the audit window at one time, closes it each time.