LaunchBox Community Forums

The Bezel Project problem with mame

Unhappy

I have install the The Bezel Project for mame and retroarch, with retroarch i can see the bezels fine but with mame i have a wired lines and no bezels? Can someone help me?

PS I am using mame .201 with the No Filler v2 rom set

image.thumb.png.f40917936dbd6f984375a89bdb50bb17.png

mame.png

Edited by Unhappy

• 7 months later...

Thanks spycat, I removed the files it installed in my MAME > artwork folder which put it back to normal.  Will try to reinstall tonight. 

Anyclue what the directory path is where it should be installing the lay & image files?  I'm using the MAME emulator running in Windows.

Reinstalled verifying I am only installing MAME (not MAME for RetroArch) and verified I am doing the MAME directory.  I still have the issue with the lines.  The only thing it installed is individual folders for each MAME game in my artwork folder.  The individual game folders each include one lay file only. 

Can anyone confirm what this should actually be downloading and installing?  And when it does install, where its suppose to be going?

• 6 months later...

I didnt want to start another topic with the same problem. 

I am using MAME only and have the dotted diagonal lines. I followed dragon57's instructions. The downloaded bezels are in the artwork file of MAME. Names of the arcades match the bezels, MAME has bezels enabled so... Once again, any help is appreciated. Thanks

2 hours ago, Captain No Action said:

I didnt want to start another topic with the same problem. 

I am using MAME only and have the dotted diagonal lines. I followed dragon57's instructions. The downloaded bezels are in the artwork file of MAME. Names of the arcades match the bezels, MAME has bezels enabled so... Once again, any help is appreciated. Thanks

What is your monitor resolution?

• 5 months later...

Couple of quick questions about using this and a stand alone version of MAME and an issue with retroarch for emulators.

The MAME I am using is looking up bezels as part of the /artwork folder. those bezels are zipped up by game along with the marquee and other artwork. I do not use retroarch for MAME so is there some way to incorporate the art I currently have but use the bezel project bezels? I couldn't find this information by searching. Can someone point me in the right direction?

For RetroArch/BB I am also not seeing the bezels show up for emulators or their games after running windows BP setup and following the steps to download and then configure for each sysstem. It appears the bezel project is looking in the right location when I look atbezelproject.ini . What cfg files would I need to look at to verify my rom names are correct ( I suspect they are), that bezels are turned on, and that the location for each is correct?

in bezelproject.ini I see this for Atari 2600:

atari2600=input_overlay =":/overlays/Atari-2600.cfg",input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"

and I have both Retroarch and Bezel project installed in this dorectory (seperate folders)

C:\Users\Tilt Arcade\AppData\Roaming  ( so C:\Users\Tilt Arcade\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch  and C:\Users\Tilt Arcade\AppData\Roaming\Bezel Project  respectively )

Edited by CitznFish

1 minute ago, dragon57 said:

Just wanted to make sure you had seen it since you hadn't mentioned it, and because the Retroarch question you asked is covered multiple times in that thread.

well since I can't make heads or tails of what they are saying in there half the time, and it's nearly 2 years of comments that may or may not even be relevant as this project has evolved, it's a bit confusing.