LaunchBox Community Forums

Import/overwrite

Lprong

Would it be possible to incorporate an overwrite type update system.. when launchbox updated to 9.4.2 beta it couldn't update said it would roll back to prevoius version making all unusable i reinstaled launchbox and have to copy all my folders to new install to make work again... When installing from back up folder if you had an option to overwrite existing launchbox folder it would be easier..

Edited by Lprong

The setup/update does overwrite files. If you are having issues doing an update, I would suspect an anti-virus app may be interfering/locking files. I have had this same issue on one of my systems in the past and at least for me, temporarily disabling my AV app before trying to update solved the issue.

But when you reinstall from back folder it will install a new launchbox folder if you could overwrite an existing/corrupted install would be good.. its to late once its corrupted and won't launch if you had the overwrite or install option would save a lot of time...My issue was caused as i got prompted to a new update which i said no as i was importing new roms when i closed and relaunched launchbox i did it twice as it was trying to open and update twice at the same time is what caused the my problem which is why i had to reinstall from back and copy files over if you could overwrite it would be alot simpler....

1 minute ago, Lprong said:

But when you reinstall from back folder it will install a new launchbox folder if you could overwrite an existing/corrupted install would be good.. its to late once its corrupted and won't launch if you had the overwrite or install option would save a lot of time...My issue was caused as i got prompted to a new update which i said no as i was importing new roms when i closed and relaunched launchbox i did it twice as it was trying to open and update twice at the same time is what caused the my problem which is why i had to reinstall from back and copy files over if you could overwrite it would be alot simpler....

You can ovewrite a existing install, you can install anywhere you like by specifying the path in the install wizard.

If you specify the same install path as your corrupted Launchbox folder it will install a new Launchbox folder inside your existing Launchbox folder not an overwite.. which then means you have copy files from the new install to old install or vice versa to makeit work again therefore you have 2 Launchbox folders in 1 hence if you could overwrite it would save all this...