LaunchBox Community Forums

Do I need an EmuMovies subscription?

uploadrank

Hello everyone,

Do I need an EmuMovies subscription to get Bigbox working 100%?

I was about to pull the trigger on a premium subscription to get access to BigBox for 20USD, but if I have to pay for yet another service it's definitly a no-no.

Won't Launchbox have the media necessary already, the movies & artworks? I'm a bit confused.

Please someone give me more infos,

Thanks very much

Artwork is supplied, if it is available in the games database, which are being contributed to daily. Videos are not included, however you can add any videos you'd like, i.e create them yourself. I started with a small library, and every time I add a game, I create a quick 1 minute video. You can download some videos in the downloads section of this forum (note: plural "downloads", not "download"). I'd love to share my videos, but I don't think there is an option to upload them to the database as of now.

Edited by proghodet

Just to add, there is also a free emumovies account that will provide you with images in Launchbox as well as our database so you will be fine with images. As for videos Launchbox premium will supply platform videos, but the actual game videos are from emumovies and require a premium sub there, as do music and manuals downloads. Launchbox does not supply game videos, music or manuals as to not step on the toes of emumovies as we have a business relationship with them.

• 5 months later...

I start the screen recorder, (bandicam in my case but there are many other options available: https://atomisystems.com/screencasting/record-screen-windows-10#game_bar), and then start a game, then hit whatever hotkey starts recording, play around in the game for a while, and then hit the hotkey to turn off the recording again. The video file ends up in documents/bandicam, which I just rename to whatever the name of the game is, and then move the file to launchbox/videos/[whatever-platform]/[whatever-game].mp4

Edited by proghodet