LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOP

faeran

It works perfectly, thank you very much.  As you can see the two marquess match and look great.  I ended up using the GameMarqueeView.xaml as a template to modify my PlatformMarqueeView.xaml file to fix that as well.  Kudos!  I'll play with the stretch options and marquee image size / resolution to get the best overall result.Pic..thumb.jpg.3078a90dbf642c2af5dafbd1afebee15.jpgPic2.thumb.jpg.bc82f3c4c4249c70d29893cd8dc1afdf.jpg

After playing with the Stretch options it looks like I'm actually using 1/2 of my screen for the marquee.  I was able to (on a hunch) reduce the number of <RowDefinition Hieght="*" />  lines in the code from three to two (.33 to .50) order to stretch to the exact height of my monitor (.50).  Thanks again, this is now PERFECT!  Just curious, what if I needed to make very small adjustments in size?  Would I then change the value of <ColumnDefinition Width = "1" /> and play with the ratios from there?IMG_6249.thumb.jpg.d2d7bc3d4e873982f40c1cb52ff9a9a8.jpg

One other quick question, when I adjust the Border, Margin, & Padding values in the xaml files they only add black bars on the top and two sides.  Am I missing another value that I need to adjust to maintain the image center in the visible marquee space?  Not a big deal now but when I transfer this system from my mock-up to the finished cabinet I may have a physical bezel around the marquee monitor that I need to account for.  It would be nice to know my limitations before I start cutting plywood.  Thanks again for the help!

@TFoster Looks good. Glad you got it sorted and as you can see easy enough to make changes. If you want to make small adjustments you can play with the row height and column width. Just test and see how the change looks.

If you want to see a grid line to see how far off you might be you can edit the xaml and add ShowGridLines="True" it can help to see exactly where you might need to make adjustments. For a single large image like this it may not help as much, but I use it quite a bit to be able to see the grid layout. When you are done and do not need the grid lines just delete the ShowGridLines you added.

Place it in the Grid section where I have it below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.32.14 PM.png

5 minutes ago, TFoster said:

One other quick question, when I adjust the Border, Margin, & Padding values in the xaml files they only add black bars on the top and two sides.  Am I missing another value that I need to adjust to maintain the image center in the visible marquee space?  Not a big deal now but when I transfer this system from my mock-up to the finished cabinet I may have a physical bezel around the marquee monitor that I need to account for.  It would be nice to know my limitations before I start cutting plywood.  Thanks again for the help!

HorizontalAlignment="Center"

VerticalAlignment="Center"

These would typically center the image within the Row/Column you defined. 

• 3 months later...

I added a PC game Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ and set it as a windows game, somehow the wheel has text saying something like Arcade Series Ms. Pac-Man, I have all other systems set up to display clear logo as the game names and have no idea how to get this one to show up properly.  I added the image I want to the Clear Logo folder in Images it shows up overlayed on top of the marquee but not as the game launch icon (in Big Box).  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thanks.

Hi guys, I am trying to change the font from the WhellGamesView. I supposed the font would be on this path, right?

FontFamily x:Key="Friz">/CoinOP;Component/Fonts/#Friz Quadrata TT</FontFamily>

But there is no such folder. Where exactly is the font Friz installed? Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi all, I've got a new issue.  Earlier in this post Retro808 was very helpful with my marquee issue.  Here's the new wrinkle.  My primary and marquee screens are working great and I've created customized bezels and marquees to get my playing screen the appropriate size.  Now I'm getting toward the end of the cabinet build and my theme is going to Back to the Future.  I'd like to add another section of the Marquee Monitor as another "screen" with customizable artwork for the "Time Circuit"  These images would be linked to the marquee images so that I can customize each game with a different sequence of "times"  I'm thinking I'd use the release date of the current arcade machine as the destination.   The first image below shows Alien Syndrome with no added "screen".  The second shows Burgertime with the image of the "Time Circuit" that I'd like to display, it's just above the Playing screen and below the marquee.   I'm thinking it may be possible to just add to the xaml scrip that I have that includes another portion of the physical monitor as another "screen" to display artwork.  Anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_8244.thumb.jpg.4fb6e5d9270b151155e6d0a87548b7d2.jpgIMG_8245.thumb.jpg.b5084e98edde256e01f8ea902d94cf82.jpg

@TFoster That's a pretty cool idea. What you want to do should be easily doable. You can just edit your marquee xaml to make your canvas size cover down to that area. Then define grids/columns for the little viewable strip and bind the image you want to the area pulling off the game name.

51 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@TFoster That's a pretty cool idea. What you want to do should be easily doable. You can just edit your marquee xaml to make your canvas size cover down to that area. Then define grids/columns for the little viewable strip and bind the image you want to the area pulling off the game name.

Hi all, I've got a new issue.  Earlier in this post Retro808 was very helpful with my marquee issue.  Here's the new wrinkle.  My primary and marquee screens are working great and I've created customized bezels and marquees to get my playing screen the appropriate size.  Now I'm getting toward the end of the cabinet build and my theme is going to Back to the Future.  I'd like to add another section of the Marquee Monitor as another "screen" with customizable artwork for the "Time Circuit"  These images would be linked to the marquee images so that I can customize each game with a different sequence of "times".   The first image below shows Alien Syndrome with no added "screen".  The second shows Burgertime with the image of the "Time Circuit" that I'd like to d

53 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

isplay, it's just above the Playing screen and below the marquee.   I'm thinking it may be possible to just add to the xaml scrip that I have to include another portion of t

IMG_8244.thumb.jpg.4fb6e5d9270b151155e6d0a87548b7d2.jpgIMG_8245.thumb.jpg.b5084e98edde256e01f8ea902d94cf82.jpg

Are you using just two screens? The image of the Back to the Future logo and the "Time Circuit" are on the same monitor? Then the actual Burger Time game and bezel are on the second monitor?

If that is the case then no. Editing the marquee xaml has no affect on the main game monitor.

Yes you are correct just two screens.  I've got it now.  I was thinking we were editing the actual marquee image resolution which would impact the attract mode graphic in the opening menu.  ...But since we are just binding another image file to the marquee monitor it should have no effect.  I've already formatted a dozen images with release dates, I'll try modifying the xaml file over the holiday weekend but I may need some pointers.. My programming consists of trial & error peppered with cut & paste, but I usually get it figured out eventually. Thanks again for all the help.

• 3 months later...

I have been using and enjoying CoinOp for a very long time.  I think it was in the last Big Box update that I no longer am seeing my marquees on the second screen. I have 2 machines and the same thing is happening on both.  All I see is a black on screen 2.  It may be noteworthy that there was a Windows update but I don’t think that was it.  If I switch to any other Big Box Theme the marquees come back.  Has anyone else run into this and have a solution?  I have not started digging in yet.

1 hour ago, H2TRSkins said:

I have been using and enjoying CoinOp for a very long time.  I think it was in the last Big Box update that I no longer am seeing my marquees on the second screen. I have 2 machines and the same thing is happening on both.  All I see is a black on screen 2.  It may be noteworthy that there was a Windows update but I don’t think that was it.  If I switch to any other Big Box Theme the marquees come back.  Has anyone else run into this and have a solution?  I have not started digging in yet.

See what happens if you delete: GameMarqueeView.xaml

From this folder: LaunchBox\Themes\CoinOP\Views

• 4 months later...

Hi, I still can´t get the video snaps to work. In Big Box Options - Videos - it´s all unchecked. I know the videos are playing because I hear the audio, but I see only the static gif. Already tried to delete the gif. Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, mtib said:

Hi, I still can´t get the video snaps to work. In Big Box Options - Videos - it´s all unchecked. I know the videos are playing because I hear the audio, but I see only the static gif. Already tried to delete the gif. Any ideas?

It's been a while since I looked at this theme. You could try and change the video playback engine from VLC to WMP or vice versa (found in Big Box options).

I've also published a new version of this theme (version 2.11), you can try it out. The only different is that I used a newer version of the CTC to publish the files.