LaunchBox Community Forums

I want to download box cover please

Misery

Yei I know that and I want to ask if there are anyway around it, or does somebody has a way to bulk download cover on other game database sites with good cover like mobygames and gameFAQs, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who want to collect game covers in the emulation community right?

Edited by Misery

5 hours ago, ClownClone said:

It would take a little bit of work but you could edit a no-intro dat file in something like notepad++ to get a list of games, use a dummy file creator to turn the list into zip files, then just place em in your rom directory and scan.

Sir can you elaborate how to do it, I would like to try

Go to hyperspins hyperlist and grab an xml file (I used the playstaion 2 XML for this guide).

you basically just have to clean the xml to remove everything but the ROM names.
1.thumb.jpg.5c0ac12966be6db0e619ede7a1df424b.jpg

• Open the xml in notepad++ .
• Hit CTRL+F to bring up the find menu.
• Click on the Replace tab. 
• In the "Find what" bar paste the following
(^[^"]+|(?<=")[^"]+$)
• change "search Mode" to Regular expression.
• click replace all.

it should look a little cleaner.
2.thumb.jpg.ba4ddc601647e2cc6b0643b59e93a330.jpg• now paste the following into the "Find what bar" (be sure to include the space at the beginning)
 index.*
• click replace all.

it should look even more clean.
3.thumb.jpg.ce70b2079ce821b03278499ba8bd19c1.jpgchange the Search Mode back to "Normal"
type " in the "find what" bar
click replace all.

You'll also wan't to replace &apos; with an apostrophe and &amp: with "and" using the same find and replace method.

after all that you'll need to add the size and format for the dummy file creator at the end of every line. 

to do that change "Search Mode" to regular Expression and type $ into the "find what" bar and add the following to the "replace with" bar
.rar    0    0
5.thumb.jpg.37a6f08c748fd0cd85b0efc4587bd04d.jpg

click "replace all" and save the xml as a .txt file.

Download Dummy File Creator. it should be the top result from google, from "MyNikko". I go with the the option without installer.

Lastly open Dummy File Creator, change mode to "Multiple Files", find and select the .txt file you made and click create (the files will be created in the same directory as the program so keep the program in its own folder to avoid mixing with your other files)

Edited by ClownClone
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Misery said:

Yei I know that and I want to ask if there are anyway around it, or does somebody has a way to bulk download cover on other game database sites with good cover like mobygames and gameFAQs, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who want to collect game covers in the emulation community right?

Well the Launchbox database is designed to be used with Launchbox, hence the name. While we do not lock out people using the images any way that they like, the images are only available to download from within Launchbox itself and the program will only download the images you need for the games you have. It's not just a online library of game covers.

19 hours ago, Misery said:

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who want to collect game covers in the emulation community right?

Well i certainly do not want a load of images for games that i do not have, but maybe that's just me.

• Thanks 1

Well i certainly do not want a load of images for games that i do not have, but maybe that's just me.

Well too bad that I do, it's not something big, I just want to like instead of use a spreadsheet or some games database websites to track your favorite games, I try to use the cover in Launchbox, a little more fun to me I guess

8 hours ago, Misery said:

@ClownClone

Sir I follow your guide but after click Create I got this error, anyway to solve this?

Hmmm not sure  what went wrong, try  the list  I made.

Sony PlayStation 2.txt

Edit: I think maybe the forums modified the spacing characters from the ".rar    0    0" section, just copy that bit from the list i uploaded and it should work.

Edited by ClownClone
  • Like 1