LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help with MAME

rzyamaki

Hi All, I want to know if someone can help me with telling me which MAME emulator I can use to launch all NEO GEO games? I have tried Retro Arch and I found it laggy as I usually use NeoRageX but Launchbox does not supports NeoRageX so I would like to use MAME. I am now using MAME  0.64 as that runs all the roms perfectly except Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee. Can someone guide or help me please, thanx in advance :)

Edited by rzyamaki

14 minutes ago, rzyamaki said:

Which version of Mame shall I use as I am using 0.64 as that allows me to play almost all Neo Geo games except Rage of the Dragon and Matrimelee 

When you say you are using 0.64 do you mean that you are using the 0.64 romset, or do you simply mean you are using MAME64 as the emulator?

Yes, that's true. That's why it allows all my Neo Geo games to work. If I use the new MAME and add all the bios in there they don't work for me and that is frustrating ? if U know what I mean. So please can someone come to any solution or a decent method for me to fix this issue ?

I don't have or even know where to get that specific version of Mame you are using is or the rom set so I cannot test that at all to try and figure out a solution.

The best solution I can offer is the Mame 0.78 (2003) emulator with the rom set easily gotten from the Internet Archive. I have tested that set with the Mame2003 Plus core in RA and it works great.

I have removed RetroArch and then Installed and added the cores and it is not lagging anymore. Only I am still having some issues with the roms. Like Ninja Masters, Samurai Showdown 5 and 5 Special, Rage of the Dragon, King of Fighters 95 and Matrimelee is now working. Any tips?

• 1 year later...

I also have mame 0.64 with a large full set of roms. I cannot get this to work with Launchbox, Hyperspin, or Maximus Arcade.  I take it that it is too ancient to work with these frontends?   

I have found that mame 0.219  works with Launchbox but I only have a couple of roms.  This is absolutely aggravating.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

9 hours ago, Darth Blevins said:

I also have mame 0.64 with a large full set of roms. I cannot get this to work with Launchbox, Hyperspin, or Maximus Arcade.  I take it that it is too ancient to work with these frontends?   

I have found that mame 0.219  works with Launchbox but I only have a couple of roms.  This is absolutely aggravating.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

This is because you are using such a old version, you know those roms and emu version are nearly 20 years old right?

Remove the below line from your emulator, you will however lose access to Pause screens when using MAME.

Untitled.thumb.png.2e7a12ac02666067cf03209acdf906a8.png