LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox crash on startup with latest stable update

Typhon

I checked the other thread, I don't think this has anything to do with the other person's problem. As soon as BigBox loads and I can see the platform logos, BigBox crashes.

I haven't had any problems with previous versions of BigBox. I use symlinks for many things to save disk space, as I have multiple frontends, not sure if that is perhaps an issue.

Please help me troubleshoot.

12 minutes ago, Typhon said:

I checked the other thread, I don't think this has anything to do with the other person's problem. As soon as BigBox loads and I can see the platform logos, BigBox crashes.

I haven't had any problems with previous versions of BigBox. I use symlinks for many things to save disk space, as I have multiple frontends, not sure if that is perhaps an issue.

Please help me troubleshoot.

What theme are you using?

Ok so I downgraded to 9.1 stable, and everything worked, so I tried reinstalling 9.3 again. Same problem - BigBox instantly crashed as soon soon as the platform view appeared. So, I tried to install 9.2, and the above error occurred again. So, I installed 9.1, and everything is working fine for now.

I'd appreciate any help in getting 9.3 working again though. I'd be happy to run tests or provide any information.