LaunchBox Community Forums

More Games In Folder Than in LB Game List.

BlockABoots

So i have a folder which has 518 PAL Megadrive roms in, there are no duplicates at all. Have pointed LB to this folder to generate the list and on completion its reporting there is 508 games in the list not the 518 found in the rom folder. 

Is there any easy way to find which roms are missing other than going through all 518 and eyeballing each one?

I'd 1st look in your roms folder and make sure all 518 are the exact same "type" or file extension (or applicable PAL Megadrive game extensions).  Sort by 'type' to make it easier to see.  If they all have the same file extension, then:

In LaunchBox, run an Audit for your PAL Megadrive platform. Look at the "Additional Apps" column and see in any are greater than zero. (Again sort by this column to make it easier to find).  Some of your 'missing' 10 may be nested under another game/file/rom.

If neither of these 2 things shed light, then I think the answer to your question is no. :) 

Ok one of the issue games (well 3 of them) is the Spider-man games, there are to games on the Megadrive that are named Spider-Man, the sega version and then a later game made by Acclaim. For some reason when LB generates the Megadrive list (for PAL only MD games) it seems to make Spider-Man And Venom - Maximum Carnage the default game for that entry and both the other spiderman game secondary games. How do i make all 3 of these games there own entry in the list?

4 minutes ago, BlockABoots said:

Ok one of the issue games (well 3 of them) is the Spider-man games, there are to games on the Megadrive that are named Spider-Man, the sega version and then a later game made by Acclaim. For some reason when LB generates the Megadrive list (for PAL only MD games) it seems to make Spider-Man And Venom - Maximum Carnage the default game for that entry and both the other spiderman game secondary games. How do i make all 3 of these games there own entry in the list?

Right click it and "expand selected games".