LaunchBox Community Forums

Newbee Mame ROM question

skunkworks005

So building out LaunchBox for first time and have loaded many ROMs from many different systems with no issues. I left Mame for last and loaded version .207b and an entire .207 split rom set. Go to launch my favorite two arcade games Donkey Kong which errors ROMs not dumped which I did add sample sounds. Second was galaga which halos error. My question is where there previous rim versions of mama that worked. I did post over in Mame forum as well but thought surely these two games are popular in LaunchBox as well.

19 minutes ago, skunkworks005 said:

So building out LaunchBox for first time and have loaded many ROMs from many different systems with no issues. I left Mame for last and loaded version .207b and an entire .207 split rom set. Go to launch my favorite two arcade games Donkey Kong which errors ROMs not dumped which I did add sample sounds. Second was galaga which halos error. My question is where there previous rim versions of mama that worked. I did post over in Mame forum as well but thought surely these two games are popular in LaunchBox as well.

Just tested those two games here with a split 0.207 and they work just fine. Have you told MAME where your roms are located?

I followed eta primes video and took ROMs out them in Mame rom folder and then stuck entire folder in LaunchBox. For example when I run donkey Kong I get this error which when I role past it plays but sound sometimes is missing. Have not heard anything on Mame forum yet. Galaga plays to after a bunch of strange video bootup. It just says there are errors. If you are not seeing any of this wonder if I should scrap all Mame and start over.

2BA5D36A-4EB2-4F4C-B416-DCC66C3604AC.jpeg

Oh that's just the MAME nag screen. If you see that, the roms are working. You can download a "no nag" version of MAME right here on the launchbox website in the forums download section, if you don't want to see it. It has nothing to do with launchbox or how you launch the games.

MAME devs are very meticulous and this box pops up all the time on a lot of games. Doesn't mean they are unplayable. Just click passed it. If you notice sound is missing in place where you know it was before, it might be the particular version of the rom you're launching.

Starting over will not solve the nag screen. Again, the only thing you can do is download a version of mame that is compiled to suppress it. Look in the Third party Applications on the launchbox forums. There's a user there who makes versions of mame with this suppressed for every version of Mame that drops.  

Edited by fromlostdays