LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and Retroarch Emulation on OBS

strigoimare

Heya,

Just curious to hear about your experiences with Launchbox and Retroarch emulation on OBS, post patch 23.0.2. I had streamed those before, and I didn't have a lot of issues. Now, I cannot capture game footage for streaming (or recording) at all, all I'm getting are black images with game sound. I'm running both Launchbox and OBS as Administrator, and nothing seems to work currently. What are your experiences lately?

4 minutes ago, strigoimare said:

Heya,

Just curious to hear about your experiences with Launchbox and Retroarch emulation on OBS, post patch 23.0.2. I had streamed those before, and I didn't have a lot of issues. Now, I cannot capture game footage for streaming (or recording) at all, all I'm getting are black images with game sound. I'm running both Launchbox and OBS as Administrator, and nothing seems to work currently. What are your experiences lately?

If i had to guess i might say it is connected to the startup screens in Launchbox, have you tried disabling them to see if that is the cause?

33 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If i had to guess i might say it is connected to the startup screens in Launchbox, have you tried disabling them to see if that is the cause?

It is a fair assumption, since OBS doesn't play nicely with overlays and the like. However, I'm not using them in my current setup. Pretty basic, just the playlist with images, then straight to the Retroarch core emulation.

The weirdest thing is exactly that: neither Launchbox nor the emulation are being captures by any source. I tried other games, such as Path of Exile, and it worked fine, everything shows in the preview and in the recording. It's really baffling.

(Launchbox and Retroarch are working just fine. I can start and play anything. It's just the OBS capture/streaming that's borked).

Edited by strigoimare