LaunchBox Community Forums

playlists, mame vs fba, neo-geo custom filter... ?

Michelle911

I hate being a noob  ?  it's good you gave us our own forum  ?  

ok,  so I went premium Wow!  niiiiceeee  frontend ?   lightyears beyond the others I think ❤️

so a couple things,  I've been using mame for neo-geo and know about fba for retroarch,  are there any benefits to using it over mame?  I know I can use it and find out for myself but...  just wondering your opinions.

I've set up nearly everything I have without issues,  but I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about this,  if I stick with mame for neo-geo what's the best way to have a custom listing for it under the Platforms filter?  

4 hours ago, Michelle911 said:

are there any benefits to using it over mame?

None beyond FBA can be run on lower end hardware compared to Mame.

4 hours ago, Michelle911 said:

if I stick with mame for neo-geo what's the best way to have a custom listing for it under the Platforms filter?

You can just use the playlists that you can generate when you import your Mame set.

10 minutes ago, Michelle911 said:

already imported mame,  is there another way to generate playlists without re-import?

I'm wondering if I can assign the playlists to the platform filter...  probly find this on my own

thanks for the replies  

Tools/Create missing Arcade playlists.