LaunchBox Community Forums

3D tape boxes

diamondgeezer

Hi there i am slowly going through the commodore 64 games and adding 3D boxes to the database ( which is a massive undertaking ) and i was wondering if anyone else would be willing to help me to complete them. If so send me a messege and i can give you a link to the boxart software i use and the settings im using so that the boxes all stay the same dimensions 

i also wanted to say a big thank you to the guy who is also working on the c64 games and is adding tapes and covers etc 

Edited by diamondgeezer
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

There are several people working on the C64 games, but up until recently I was really active. I finally got back around to Z and am giving myself a bit of a break for the moment. (And adding some games from really unrepresented platforms ) If you are still needing help, please let me know how I can assist. Either way, thank you so much for your work.

• Thanks 1

here is some links to sites that are helpful to create 3d boxes

http://editphotosforfree.com/photoapps/remove-background-from-image-online/#  (for making images transparent)

https://png2jpg.com/  (converting images to jpg)

if you need any help etc drop me a msg 

3D Box maker.rar

Gimp Spine Templates.rar

Edited by diamondgeezer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i have been doing the floppy disk images as well as the 3D boxes and for my own collection i have been rotating the labels on the floppy disks so they all face the same way and just wanted to check n here to see if you would want them on the database s well ( to me i think they look neater f2cbee10-c00d-46b7-9f67-09786efe3257.png.e60d471850928bde18b54136b023258f.png136503875_TheAddamsFamily.png.0379ae750d11a283d4edf870f11118b7.pngbut let me know please)

Also im adding transparency  as well

Edited by diamondgeezer

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

@diamondgeezer

Hey

You have made a great suggestion there. However, I would also like to add one more tool - ConvertX2Y.com.

ConvertX2Y.com converts the PNG to JPG and vice-versa automatically once you upload the required images. It also does the lossless compression of the image during the format conversion which helps the user to save bandwidth if used online plus storage space.

Additionally, the interface is very friendly and easy to use. More useful features are there as well. 

You can access the tool @ https://convertx2y.com/png-to-jpg/