LaunchBox Community Forums

Delay on gaming list using joystick (not happening with keyboard)

MartinC

Hi there,

I am having this issue since a while ago, I think since I started using LB/BB. And I need to know if anyone else is having this one or it is just me, because it is a little annoing after a while. Ok, I am going to the point, and I hope I will be able to explain it because it is a little hard to show with words only.

Suppose I am navigating in any category of my games (Atari, Arcade, anything) and the screen shows the box image and a little video of the game. When I move the joystick to the next game, a new image box and video is loaded and so on. 

The problem is that if I use the keyboard, the switch between games goes smoothly, even if the video (which can take a second to be loaded) is not loaded/showed yet. But when I use the joystick, it stops responding until the video is loaded, and I can't move to the next game until then. So let say I can move from a game to the next one with keyboard very quickly (or even normal at 3-4 games per second), but with joystick it is impossible and I need to wait until the video is loaded to get the next move.

Is it my issue only? Do you know how can I solve it? Because it is very annoing when you start playing more than 5 minutes. I remember to use HS (not offend, please, just to clarify that is not something generic) and that never happened. The PC is the same actually, I just changed to LL/BB because it is much better in many ways, but I can't fix this issue and maybe any of youhad the same and can say how to solve it.

Thanks!

Martin